Now in Northwest England

Comments

Todd Arnold 7 years, 6 months ago

I was able to get an internet connection at our friends', the Jackson's, in Salford (Manchester area) so I will do a quick update. We left Cambridgeshire on Thursday and made our way to Yorkshire via Sherwood Forest. We stopped first at a little villge called "Arnold" just north of Nottingham. At Robin Hood's Sherwood Forst we ate at the Forest Table restaurant, then walked through the forest to the Major Oak tree (nearly 1000 years old)under which Robin Hood and his merry men hatched their plans. Leaving there we went to a wonderful B&B in Ripon (Yorkshire). Friday we spent the day in York, visiting the York Minster (cathedral), the famous Shambles shopping area, and the Jorvick Viking center - a recreated viking village at the original archeological site. Saturday we made our way to the Lake District, stopping at the Bronte Parsonage Museum in Haworth, home of the Bronte sisters (Charlotte, Emily and Anne)of literary fame. Our home while visiting the beautiful Lake District will be the Pine Lake Resort near Carnforth. The Jackson's have a time-share there that they are sharing with us. It is wonderful! I will fill you in on our time there at the end of the week. Till then... Todd

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.