Does Anyone Know?

Comments

Pat Randall 6 years ago

Leeta, I don't remember seeing any picture like that but I may be able to identify some of the people in it and you could go from there. I had aunts and uncles going to school at that time.

some of the old timers that weren't related never changed looks. The Taylors and Belluzzis are fairly easy to identify and some of the Wilbanks.

Pat Randall 6 years ago

Sure. contact me thru here by clicking on my name and I will send you my phone number and address.

Pat Randall 6 years ago

Leeta, What was your grandmother's maiden name?

Pat Randall 6 years ago

Both names sound familiar. Especially Hudson. I will try to call a friend of mine in Gilbert tomorrow and see if she knows anything. Who raised your grandmother?

My dad was born in 1904 but I think he went to school in Gisela.

I have several old school pictures but most don't have names with them. I have one with my mother, and aunt when they were probably in 1st and 3rd grades. The names are with the picture but it would have been about 1902.

I'm thinking...

Pat Randall 6 years ago

Leeta, I called my friend in Gilbert, talked to both her husband and her.

They both remembered that some Hudsons lived here but couldn't remember how long or anything about them. Hudsons must have lived here awhile because 1915 was before either of them were born, but the name was familiar.

Will have to try and think of someone else to ask.

Tim Ehrhardt 6 years ago

Leeta,

I'll try to take a look at school records at the local genealogical society the next time I'm down there. I'll also try to go through some newspaper clips, though I think that time period is a soft spot for them.

Certainly, I'd love to see the picture if you'd be willing to share.

Cheers, Tim

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.