Samuel H. Mitchell and the Phoenix Street Car company

Comments

DaveMitchell53 12 months ago

Hi there

Anyone with information on Samuel H. Mitchell (died 1927) who worked for the Phoenix Street Car Co. (Phoenix Railway Co.) ..

His wife (widow) Ella S Mitchell was a member of the Payson Presbyterian Church.

They lived at 1314 E. Washington Street.

Kind regards

Dave Mitchell Cape Town South Africa

Tim Ehrhardt 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Dave,

Ella was definitely a key factor in the founding of the Payson Presbyterian Church. The Roundup had an article a few years ago on their 75th anniversary that mentioned her extensively. I also checked my clip collection, and below is what I found. I would suggest getting in touch with the Payson Presbyterian Church to see if they have some additional information. I'm sure that they would love to hear from you.

-Tim

Church Dedication Arranged At Payson

PAYSON, Nov. 14 - Formal dedication of the newly organized Payson Community Presbyterian church will be held at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, November 19. The Rev. Charles S. Poling, pastor of the First Presbyterian church of Phoenix will give the dedication sermon. The new church here was made possible by Mrs. S.H. Mitchell, a member of the First Presbyterian church of Phoenix. - November 15, 1935 The Arizona Republic

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.