How good is your sense of humor?

Comments

Tom Garrett 2 years, 9 months ago

Here's a test of your sense of humor:

If you can get through this list of world class chuckles spoken by our political leaders without laughing out loud you have finally lost your sense of humor.

I put "Who Said What" well after "What He Said" so as not to prejudice your thinking.

What he said:

1. "I don't mind not being President. I just mind that someone else is."

2. "I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix."

3. "It's no exaggeration to say the undecideds could go one way or the other."

4. "Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a parent and child."

5. "A billion here, a billion there. Pretty soon it runs into real money."

6. "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

7. "Desert Storm was a stirring victory for the forces of aggression and lawlessness."

8. "I am convinced that UFOs exist, because I have seen one."

9. "We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

10. "I was shot down, and I was floating around in a little yellow raft, setting a record for paddling. I thought of my family, my mom and dad, and the strength I got from them. I thought of my faith, the separation of church and state." . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who Said What:

1. Ted Kennedy 3 and 10. George Bush Sr.
  2. Everett Dirksen
  3. Jimmy Carter 2, 4, 6, 7, 9. Dan Quayle

You better be laughing!

Bernice Winandy 2 years, 9 months ago

Maybe this one will bring a smile, too.

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica -- where do they go?

Wonder no more!!! It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life. The penguin is very committd to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vistigial wings and beaks, until the hold is deep enought for the dead ird to be rolled into, and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:

"Freeze a jolly good fellow." "Freeze a jolly good fellow."

Then they kick him the ice hole.

Your really didn't believe that I know anything about penguins, did you? It's so easy to fool OLD people. :-)

Pat Johnson 2 years, 9 months ago

Bernice, We don't know each other, but you owe me a keyboard! That was hysterical! Thanks for a good laugh on a bad day.

Tom Garrett 2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks, Bernice. You cracked me up.

And you reminded me of an old, o-o-old joke.

How do you catch a polar bear?

Easy. You dig a hole in the ice and buy a number 10 can of peas. Then you open the peas, spread them around the hole in the ice, and....

...when a polar bear goes to take a pea you kick him in the ice hole.

I loved that "freeze a jolly good fellow" line. :-)

Dan Haapala 2 years, 9 months ago

Naughton, you can't ban Garrett, freeze a jolly good fellow too.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.