Re: The "protests" in China.

Comments

Tom Garrett 2 years, 3 months ago

NPR headline: "Second Day Of Anti-Japan Protests Rock China."

Tell me the truth. Is there anyone reading this who believes that any of those "protesters" out there on the streets in China are out there because they're worried about some small, unimportant rocks in the Pacific?

No?

So why are they out there?

And more importantly, why did NPR print it?

And what does that tell you?

Tom Garrett 2 years, 3 months ago

I don't believe it. Here I gave you a chance to pick on NPR and you didn't take it. :-)

Rex Hinshaw 2 years, 2 months ago

Tom, You almost drew me in....but I tapped my thymis...counted to 10...and took a chill pill =)

Bernice Winandy 2 years, 2 months ago

Who needs a sensible reason to yell and scream? Those demonstrations have been reported by the media and Time magazine ran an article a week or two ago discussing the rivalry over the ownership of these islands.

Now, Tom, answer your questions!

Tom Garrett 2 years, 2 months ago

Rex,

Sounds like me. :-)

I have to bite my lip so hard sometimes I think I am going to be permanently disfigured.

Okay, Bernice:

"So why are they out there?"

Because they were told to get out there. Because they are the tools of a amoral dictatorship.

"And more importantly, why did NPR print it?"

Because it helps to stir the s--t.

"And what does that tell you?

Stirring the s--t is a primary goal of NPR.

Bernice, think about what I asked. I didn't ask why any part of the media printed a story concerning the issue. Stories are all over the place. They are legitimate reporting of an issue. They tell what happened. What I asked was why NPR put up such a misleading and provocative headline. I've not seen that kind of yellow sheet journalism elsewhere on this issue. Most media outlets are downplaying it because they know full well that it is an issue which was created by China for its own purposes. China is a land which pays little attention to truth and honesty. When you buy a pice of Chinese crap, you get just what you paid for--crap. The Chinese are liars and thieves. All they want now is our money. Later on, after we've sent all our factories over there, they'll also want our land.

I'll tell you what. I will put up just one of the dozens of back page stories that I see about China every week. I'll call it, "This is what China is all about."

Read it. It will shock you, but it is true, and it is typical.

Then you'll see why I object so strongly to NPR stirring the s--t in favor of thieves.

I see that I posted my last comment 2 hours and 2 minutes ago. In the meantime I've been working--housework, I do a lot of that. It gave me time to think. And so this post.

I should point out that NPR, while it has several times, for reasons I do not know, taken a stand in favor of China at times when I felt that stand was not well thought out, its reporting is generally pretty decent. A tad biased perhaps, but nothing like other news sources. In fact, i have a feeling that NPR bends over backwards at times to be unbiased. That's quite remarkable for an agency which is "public" anything.

Tom, everyone knows the demonstrations in China are staged. Afterall, real protests are quickly ended. Remember the tanks in Tein__ Square some years back.

Seems that China now is doing some naval manuevering in the Pacific. ---- And so are we.

Why does it seem that the whole world has gone crazy? Why now?

"Why does it seem that the whole world has gone crazy? Why now?"

Bernice,

That's an excellent question, and remarkably enough an easy one to answer.

Throughout history, tribes, ethnic groups, city states, small and large nations have arisen which eye whatever someone near them has, and feeling that they are large enough or tough enough to take it away from from them, have started on the path of aggression.

You can see it at a thousand levels and in a thousand places: The Sioux in the plains, the Huns in Europe, the Assyrians in the ancient world, the Romans, France under Napoleon, Germany under Hitler, the USSR under Stalin, and now Korea, Syria, Iran, and China under their present rulers.

Why they do not have the wisdom to be satisfied with what they have, to work hard if they want more, to live in peace is hard to say as far as the people themselves are concerned, but of the rulers there can be no doubt. Tyrants always want more and more control because they know that given the chance their people would destroy them and turn toward peace. And so their direct the focus of the people against "them," those who are "different."

One problem is that the nations who are chosen for aggression are often far weaker and have nowhere to turn. The other problem is that fighting back costs lives and the chances of winning are often small; you are seeing that now in Syria.

But there is a third problem: Moral questions. The nations which are "right" are often so strapped by their own morality that they are unable to take the sole necessary step: Killing the leader of the aggressors. If we were to take out the leadership in Korea or Syria the threat of aggression from them would end.

I make no judgment whether that is what should be done. Let other, wiser, heads decide that question.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.