This just proves that gun rhymes with fun. :-)

Comments

Tom Garrett 2 years, 1 month ago

Jim Gordon's Casa Escuela Museum in Glorieta, New Mexico is a small privately run collection of vintage firearms. Like many small museums, the Escuela does not have regular business hours. Too expensive. Visits are by appointment only for interested historians and collectors.

One visitor was Wylie Newton, a 65-year old collector. In fact, Wylie liked the place so much he scheduled a second visit.

Uh-oh!

After Wylie's second visit a very rare and expensive 1849 .44 Colt Dragoon black powder revolver came up missing. Needless to say, New Mexico detectives paid Wylie a visit, but they came up with nothing.

Over a year later Jeff Hengesbaugh, the Curator of the cuseum was watching American Guns, a reality program set a Colorado gun shop. It shows on the Discovery Channel.

And what did he see? You guessed it. Wylie Newton and an 1849 .44 Colt Dragoon which he offered for sale.

Hm-m-m-m....

A phone call went out to police in New Mexico and Colorado. They set up an undercover buy in Colorado for the revolver. Wylie showed up. There was an arrest. And an extradition too.

The last I heard, Wylie was in New Mexico awaiting trial.

About a month ago, Wylie talked with Jim Gordon, the museum's owner on the phone. He asked Jim if he thought he was "stupid enough" to appear on national TV with a stolen gun.

Tsk! Tsk! You know what Jim said?

"Yes!"

Gee! Is that nice? Would you say a thing like that?

I'll bet Pat would say a thing like that, wouldn't you Pat?

Pat Randall 2 years, 1 month ago

Yes I probably would. I went to a drs office yesterday. Almost all the chairs were full and when I started to sit in one of the few empty ones near me the man next to it put his hand on the seat and said "my girlfriend is sitting here." I was hurting really bad and did not feel like walking across the room so replied. "Gee she must be small I can't see her and I sat in the chair" Don't know what possesd me except I was hurting. Don't mess with an old woman when she is in pain. (:

Pat Randall 2 years, 1 month ago

Sorry I spelled a word wrong but couldn't remember what you posted about fixing mispelled words.

Pat,

Just look under your comment after it is posted and click on the Edit button. Then make your change and click on the large Edit Comment button that is now there.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.