News we rarely see.

Comments

Tom Garrett 1 year, 5 months ago

I constantly search the web for news that is of interest to us. I try to go to original sources when I can. One of them is the FBI site. One thing I find odd is how few of the news stories I see there ever make into the mainstream media. That's one reason some of the things I tell you about haven't appeared on the evening news.

Why? Because they are GOOD news.

I thought you might like to see this week's headlines to see how much good news there is each week.

FBI’s Top Ten News Stories for the Week Ending October 19, 2012

1. New York: Joint Terrorism Task Force Arrests Man After He Attempted to Bomb New York Federal Reserve Bank

2. Minneapolis: Man Convicted of Supporting Foreign Terrorist Organization al Shabaab

3. Houston/New York: Man Pleads Guilty to Conspiring with Iranian Military Officials to Assassinate Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United States

4. Chicago: Eight Self-Identified ‘Boy Lovers’ Sentenced for Sexual Exploitation Crimes

5. Richmond: Top Executives at Kolon Industries Indicted for Stealing DuPont’s Kevlar Trade Secrets

6. Miami: Owner of Home Health Company Sentenced for $42 Million Health Care Fraud Scheme

7. San Francisco: Taiwan Auto Lights Manufacturer and Its California Distributor Plead Guilty in Price Fixing Conspiracy

8. Los Angeles: New Defendants Charged in Connection with Oxycontin Ring That Allegedly Bilked Medicare

9. Richmond: Violent Serial Bank Robber Sentenced to Six Life Sentences

10. St. Louis: Former Police Sergeant Sentenced on Federal Drug Conspiracy Charges

You could go out and click on a new Top Ten every week. And if you're interested in what the FBI did last week, the week before, the one before that, et al, it's all there for you to see. Instead of scaring you or worrying you, it might actually make you feel good to see how hard some of our law enforcement people work for us.

Here's a link if you'd like to read any of this week's stories. Try clicking on it and reading one or two of the stories. They say a lot.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbis-top-ten-news-stories-for-the-week-ending-october-19-2012

Tom Garrett 1 year, 5 months ago

Really, folks. Go out and see some of the things the FBI does all the time, and see how effective they are about protecting you. It seems unfair that they get so very little notice, and that the reason for that is the fact that the mainstream media only seems to report on things that go wrong. Here they are, all these people working for us, and doing so much, and we know so little about it.

If it were Payson PD making all these arrests, and preventing all these crimes, we'd hear about it here in the Roundup--as we do--and we'd feel good about it. But on a national level successful law enforcement seems to be ignored. Go take a look.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.