Re: The elk "poaching."

Comments

Tom Garrett 1 year, 5 months ago

I'm sure you're as glad as I am that Game and Fish has decided that the folks up here aren't poisoning the elk, but I sure wish they had been more forthcoming about what they meant by "poaching."

Are the elk being shot? Darted? Trapped? Is someone feeding them something that will bring them down? What's going on?

If someone is shooting them, for example, it might help if we knew it. We humans may not have the best ears on the planet, but we're pretty good at picking up a phone and reporting the sound of stray shots. And we are fairly observant too. If we see someone who is in the same area over and over again, seemingly without reason, we could report it. Eighteen thousand eyes are better than just a couple.

And if the elk are being trapped in some way it wouldn't be a bad idea to warn us about the traps, would it?

Why be so close-mouthed? What's to be gained? At least tell us the basic facts. We can live without knowing exactly what's going on, but I do not understand why we aren't being told anything at all. We should be told enough so that we can help, and so that we can stay out of trouble.

Poachers, like the people who grow pot in the national forest, can be dangerous people. They do not like being observed. If there are some areas we should stay out of, we have a right to know it.

Don't we?

After all, the "poachers" know exactly what's going on, so where's the need to keep the basic information from the people who live up here?

Tom Garrett 1 year, 5 months ago

Aha! Got it!

Now I know what Game and Fish is hiding from us!!

I looked up poaching.

Those crafty folks over there by the golf course are cooking the elk!

Well, why not? The do it to salmon over there, don't they?

poaching • cook by simmering in a small amount of liquid : poach the salmon in the white wine.

Would take a lot of wine, but you know those rich folks.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.