Just in case you suspect something on Tuesday.

Comments

Tom Garrett 1 year, 5 months ago

It's not likely that any of us are going to see voter fraud of any kind next week, but just in case someone does, here's the needed data:

The FBI says, "Both protecting the right to vote and combating election fraud are essential to maintaining the confidence of all Americans in our democratic system of government. We encourage anyone who has information suggesting voting discrimination or ballot fraud to contact the appropriate authorities."

They don't just talk. Here's what is available to us on election day:

On November 6, 2012, the U.S. Attorneys’ Offices will work with specially trained Federal Bureau of Investigation personnel in each district to ensure that complaints from the public involving possible voter fraud are handled appropriately. Specifically:

• Federal prosecutors at the Public Integrity Section, the DEOs in U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, FBI officials at Headquarters in Washington, D.C., and FBI special agents serving as Election Crime Coordinators in the FBI’s 56 field offices will be on duty while polls are open to receive complaints from the public.

• Election fraud or intimidation complaints should first be directed to the local U.S. Attorney’s Office or the local FBI office. However, complaints related to violence or threats of violence at a polling place should, in the first instance, be reported to local police authorities by calling 911.

• Election fraud or intimidation complaints may also be directed to the Public Integrity Section (202-514-1412). Public Integrity Section prosecutors are available to consult and coordinate with the U.S. Attorneys’ Offices and FBI regarding the handling of election-crime allegations.

Here are the numbers and addresses you might need:

• Our Arizona U. S. Attorney's office:

Dennis K. Burke , USA Two Renaissance Square 40 North Central Ave. Suite 1200

Phoenix, AZ 85004-4408 Phone: (602)514-7500 Fax: (602)514-7693

• Our local FBI office:

21711 N. 7th Street Phoenix, AZ 85024

Phone: (623) 466-1999 Fax: (623) 466-1108

E-mail: phoenix@ic.fbi.gov

Pat Randall 1 year, 5 months ago

If you do mail in voting, or early voting you don't have to show ID but if you get up and go to the polls you have to show ID. what is wrong with this picture? I voted early and only had to put my name and address on a form they had. I had my drivers license and SS card with me but they wouldn't even look at it. I voted early because I will be in Mesa part of election day.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.