105 Who says that good news is no news?

Comments

Tom Garrett 1 year, 11 months ago

Did you read the article that Michele Nelson did about Michael Reardon, the fifth grade autistic boy who entered the JRE Spelling bee?

Well done, Michele! You made my day and you helped all of us understand how hard Mike's parents are working to make his life happy and productive.

Great story!

On top of that, you explained the sad and complex problems of autism in a way that helped me to better understand something that has always puzzled me. I appreciate that, and I'm sure than anyone else who read your article does too.

I hope that Mike's parents, and Kim Wholly, Mike's teacher, realize what a great thing they have done. Just look at the smile that Andy Towle captured with his camera. That smile says it all, doesn't it?

Thanks again.

I'm sure that many Roundup readers feel the same way I do: We live in a quiet mountain area where a lot of good things happen, and we enjoy hearing about them.

John Lemon 1 year, 11 months ago

Tom; The last paragraph of your post is spot on. There are a lot of things that happen here that are not in the public eye- things that could bring joy and pride.

Tom Garrett 1 year, 11 months ago

That's true, John. I've noticed a refocus in the Roundup over the past several months, one that touches on many subjects that went unnoticed before. I believe that it has the potential to bring the people of Rim Country closer together, and so is a move in the right direction. I'd like to see more of it. This particular story was one of those. Had it not been written none of us would have known about something that I think we should know about. When we know, we care. When we care we come together.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.