116 Does it get any dumber than this?

Comments

Tom Garrett 1 year, 10 months ago

Washington has no monopoly on stupidity. Private industry does its part too.

I sincerely hope the Lord does not read or listen to NPR. If He does, we may be in BIG trouble. You may step outside today, hear an angry, frustrated grumble from above, and hear a powerful voice say, "That's it! I've had a enough of that bunch I planted on Earth. Flip the off switch."

Why?

It's called the HAPI fork. It has electronics in it, is connected to the internet, keeps track of how fast you eat and many mouthfuls you jam in, and buzzes at you if you're not good.

NPR sounded sad that HAPI forks were not yet programmed to beep or issue electric shocks if you chew with your mouth open.

But they WERE very happy that you can plug it into your computer when you are done with your meal and upload the data about what you just ate. And you can share it all on Twitter!

My comment?

Sorry, not printable.

Pat Randall 1 year, 10 months ago

Tom, In another three yrs. we will be using some kind of electronic toilet.

How about that?

Tom Garrett 1 year, 10 months ago

"Tom, In another three yrs. we will be using some kind of electronic toilet.

How about that?"

Will it show movies or something?

Will it be called a HAPI pot? :-)**

"I bet it becomes a hit among a certain crowd." Yeah. It's a good thing they let them all out on the street where they can have pointy objects.

"Gives a whole new meaning to.....HAPI MEAL..."

Sounds a little like Roy Rogers. "Happy meals to you, until we meat again."

I don't know. Maybe that was Buck Rogers.

Man! I am really getting old! Why would anyone want to post that on the internet? Do people actually talk about things like that? "Guess what my score was on my HAPI fork today?"

** Reminds me of something from Mohenjo Dara, an ancient city in the long since gone Harappan Civilization of India, far up the Indus River. It was a very large baked clay pot. Stood about three feet tall, was about a foot or so wide at the bottom and tapered upward to an open-topped bowl about a foot or so deep. But what puzzled me were two holes in the top pot, both on the same side. I could not make any sense out of them. I wondered if maybe they were for a fern to grow out of, but they were at the side of the pot, right at the bottom.

Then it dawned on me. Picture a kid sitting in the pot.

Those Harrapans were clever folks! It was a high chair.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.