120 Shades of The Twilight Zone!

Comments

Tom Garrett 1 year, 10 months ago

Remember the episode on the The Twilight Zone episode titled "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet?" That was the one where William Shatner, later to be Captain James Tiberius Kirk of the Starship Enterprise, saw grinches eating the wing off the passenger plane he was on.

Remember how they carried a babbling Shatner off the aircraft at the end of the episode?

It just really happened!

Well, close anyway.

Imagine what the passengers on a flight from Australia to Papua New Guinea thought when they look out the cabin windows and saw a huge snake wrapped around the wing!

The ten foot long Amethystine python showed up about an hour into the Qantas flight between Cairns, Queensland and Port Moresby, New Guinea.

No one went nuts and got carried off the aircraft babbling like Shatner did though. So much for the Twilight Zone.

I do have some doubts about the person at CBS who wrote the article about this though. You know how he ended it?

"The snake, unfortunately, was found dead on arrival."

Oh-h-h-h! Poor baby!

Tom Garrett 1 year, 10 months ago

Beats me, Pat.

They had a picture of the thing, taken from inside the aircraft when it was discovered. It was l-o-ong. And it was wrapped around the wing. Mostly what it was was a picture to convince me I do not want to run into a python.

Actually, that thing could have brought down the aircraft if it had gotten within the cowling and messed with--say--the wiring on the engine.

Just another reason I don't plan to go to any strange places with strange critters.

I was curious if anyone else remembered that episode of Twilight Zone. Shatner sure looked crazy.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.