Some news you may want to hear.

Comments

Tom Garrett 1 year, 7 months ago

As you may know, it is Shirley Dye who sends us the agenda for the Tea Party meetings and the other events around town. Here's an e-mail from her on a related subject:

"Saturday, February 16th: Rally in support of the Second Amendment at the Arizona State Capitol on the Capitol lawn. 12:00-3:00 pm. Leave Payson at 10 am, takes about 1 hr 40 minutes to get there. 8 from our Tea Party are attending that I know of so far. If you want to carpool from the Theater Parking lot call Sandy & Jerry 468-1224, or sign up at the meeting this Thursday night. The Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots are sponsoring this event. We will take our signs and flags, you may wear your side arms."

"If you are driving yourself, take SR 87 to the 202 east. Merge on to the 10 Fry to Los Angeles. After you go through the Tunnel under down town, take off 19th Ave (just before the 17 Fry north) and go south. You can park in the west parking lot off 19th Ave just a bit south of Van Buren. You will need to walk around the north side of the buildings to the front. If you turn left on Jefferson you can also enter the lot, or continue on Jefferson east to the lots in front of the Capitol."

If you go, you might like to quote from the 1976 report of the Senate Judiciary Committee Subcommittee investigation of juvenile delinquency. What did they say? Oh, nothing much, just, "I Will Give Up My Gun When They Peel My Cold Dead Fingers From Around It."

Pat Randall 1 year, 7 months ago

If they make it in an hour and 40 minutes I would not like to ride with them. (: Watch out for the unmarked patrol on the Beeline. They are using pickups, an old green car and a blue one that I know of. No I haven't been caught yet, I know where they hide. It takes me an hour and 30 minutes to get to my house in east Mesa taking the Saguaro Lake turnoff. And remember I am a NASCAR fan.

Tom Garrett 1 year, 7 months ago

Pat,

Leave it to you! You always know where the cops are hidden. :-)

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.