156 May I share a little recent education with you?

Comments

Tom Garrett 1 year, 1 month ago

I may be old, but I'm not dead. At least I wasn't when I typed this; anything is possible as you are reading it.

Anyway, Old or not I am still in the learning mode. And that is particularly true when it comes to the internet. I find that you cannot be too careful about anything you see or read out there. I also find that site titles are among the most misleading things on this planet.

Back in the 1930's when the Mob was BIG news, if there had been an internet, and the Mob had had a site, I can assure you it would not have been called Murder Incorporated. It would have been called Americans For Early Retirement, and the mobsters on it would not have had the names we know them by.

Bugsy Siegel would have been the Butterfly Guy, Machine Gun Kelly would have been praised as a man who was always ready to give you his all, Scarface Al Capone would have been referred to as "a facially challenged citizen who rose above his handicap," and Mad Dog Vinny Coll would have been a member of PETA.

Anyway, if you go out looking for "moderate" or "independent" news sites on the web, do not bother to check on these two:

a. "The Moderate Voice."

This place characterizes itself as "An Internet hub for centrists, independents and moderates with domestic and international news, analysis, original reporting and popular features from the left, center and right."

Uh-huh.

I'll buy into that, if "moderate" means being moderately nuts.

b. "Consortium News."

This outfit describes itself as "Independent Investigative Journalism Since 1995."

I'll tell you what, if what I saw there is independent I'd hate to see what biased looks like.

But don't take my word for it; go see for yourself.

No kidding!

Is your blood pressure too low today?

Go look at these two sites:

http://themoderatevoice.com/

http://consortiumnews.com/

See? I told you so!

Tom Garrett 1 year, 1 month ago

Actually, it's odd what is happening on those two sites. They seem to be open to articles written by anyone, though I do not know (and don't really care) how you become part of "anyone."

The result is not "moderate" however.

I imagine you can figure out why.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.