180 Good news for a change.

Comments

Tom Garrett 1 year ago

Red wine really is an anti-aging agent.

How about that? No more guesswork, not more maybes, no more ifs, ands, and buts, Harvard Medical School researchers say they have confirmed that the resveratrol found in red wine actually provides anti-aging benefits.

The good stuff in red wine (and in red grapes) is also "linked to protection against obesity and diabetes, a reduced risk for blood clotting and a way to lower 'bad' LDL cholesterol."

And it really has anti-aging properties!

"This is not weak evidence," says Leonard Guarente, a biologist at MIT. He told the Los Angeles Times, "You would really bet the ranch on this one."

David Sinclair, Harvard Medical School professor of genetics, said in a press release, "This was the killer experiment. Some of us could live to 150, but we won't get there without more research."

Doesn't have to be red wine. Can be juice from red grapes--or the stuff I've been drinking for the past 20 years--Sangria. (Not much. Just half a gallon a week. Not much alcohol, but enough so it still has a taste, and I don't drink anything else, not even a beer anymore.)

I am NOT hoping to live to 150, but I had a happy thought about that. Think of how it would screw up those 30 year mortgages!! :-)

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.