Tea Party News 3 Jun 2013.

Comments

Tom Garrett 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Tea Party Meeting:

Thursday, June 6th: Payson Tea Party, 6:00-7:30 pm, Tiny’s Family Restaurant. Open Mic Night. Update on Smart Meters, plus, sign up by replying to this email if you want to speak on topic of your choice for 5-10 minutes. We will put you on the agenda first come first served. Open Mic Night is always a fun lively meeting.

don evans 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Tom, put me down on your list. I will TRY to make the meeting. I have never been to a Tea Party event. I may bring a buddy. Thanks Don E.

Bernice Winandy 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Has the Tea Party considered taking a stand on PSWID which is doubling property taxes. When PSWID bought out Brook they promised that property taxes would eventually not be necessary. They are not living up to their promises by raising property taxes from $300,000 to $625,000 in one year. If you are interested in controlling taxes, how about helping out the taxpayers in PSWID?

Bernice Winandy 10 months, 2 weeks ago

More on PSWID -- How does the Tea Party feel about PSWID including a $7.5 million bond in their budget? This bond doubles the PSWID debt. This bond is being included without the approval of the taxpayers. In other words it is taxation without representation. Sounds like something that triggered the original Tea Party!!

Tom Garrett 10 months, 1 week ago

Don,

You're welcome.

I probably should point out that the comments in the Tea Party meeting announcements aren't written by me. Don't want to take credit for something I don't do. I just started putting them up back when the TP began because it was the first grass roots movement I had seen since I started doing the forum.

Bernice,

Why don't you go to the meeting and ask them?

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.