263 Can you explain this? I can't.

Comments

Tom Garrett 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Did you read the article about the man who left a two year kid by the side of the highway and drove off?

I'll quickly summarize it.

A motorist saw Ashley Ryan Rogers, 30, stop on Houston Mesa Road about 10 a.m., leave his 2-year-old son on the side of the road and drive off toward Mesa del Caballo. The witness stopped and picked up the boy, who had no shoes or socks on, and called police.

On Houston Mesa Drive? Right there in the wilds?

I can' wrap my mind around that. Can you?

It could easily have happened that when they came looking for the kid he wouldn't have been there. I don't know whether animals or people would have been more dangerous.

frederick franz 10 months, 2 weeks ago

The driver could have let the toddler out of the vehicle to let him relive himself? That still wouldn't explain why he would drive off and abandon the kid ?

Bernice Winandy 10 months, 2 weeks ago

It was a senseless act. However, many who have children, who really shouldn't have children, commit senseless acts. While I can understand how children can cause anger in adults, I never will understand why the basic instinct to protect the vulnerable, doesn't prevent abusing children. Children locked in foot lockers for eating a popsicle on a hot day, 3 month olds admitted to the hospital with broken ribs, etc. The list is endless and SENSELESS!

Pat Randall 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Bernice, You left out a couple of big ones, 'forgetting' your child in the car. I don't care if it is summer, winter or what. You don't leave a child in the car. If you can't remember you have one then put it up for adoption. Don't leave them in the bathtub alone until they are at least 5 yrs old.

When they are able to walk that is when most of the problems begin or it did with me. I have three kids and after the third one that was enough!! He learned to walk at 71/2 months. I was washing dishes one morning when my phone rang. He was 9 months old at the time. It was a neighbor across the st. She asked me where he was. I said in the living room. Wrong, he had gone out the door crossed the street to her house and knocked on the door for his morning cookie. Needless to say more and higher locks were put on the doors that day. I could fill pages with what he did before he was two yrs. old. Climb out of his crib in the night and start the vacumn cleaner. We finally tied a sheet over the top when he was put to bed. No wonder I am crazy and only had 3 kids. (:

Bernice,

I am going to say something which is so obvious that it will sound trite because everyone already knows it:

The trouble with a lot of people is that they think only of themselves. They have no self-control. That want, want, want and never give. Then they get or play house. Kids result.

The only way you will keep people like that from abusing kids is to sterilize them so they don't have any kids.

Truth is, they're kids themselves. They never get past some stage or other, I guess. And don't ask me what it is; a Doctor Spock fan I am not.

Pat,

I'll bet that almost every good parent in the nation could tell a story like that. Lolly and i sure could. No couple could have been more concerned about their children than we were, but you've read the things I've already mentioned. I'll just add one to show you that you weren't alone:

Morning. Get up. Go look in kid's room. Kid is asleep on rug. Kid climbed out of crib, reached in diaper and found finger paint, smeared same over an incredibly large area of rug, and happy with artwork went back to sleep.

Solution? Clean the rug.

The biggest problem these days is that we now have a government which has been invaded by bongo grains who think that everyone is perfect, so when something like one of the events you described happens they think that some punishment should be meted out.

As to the clown who who left his kid by the side of the road, I'm willing to bet that the kid was acting up because he had watched Mom and Dad and was doing what they do.

Any takers on that bet?

It just occurred to me. We need a book on child care with a system that really works.

I think I'll write one. Right now, I mean.

How To Raise A Kid

By T. J. Garrett

Introduction: Read on.

Page 1: USE

Page 2: SOME

Page 3: %$#@!

Page 4: COMMON

Page 5: SENSE!

Afterword: IDIOT!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.