250 I bet you knew this was coming!

Comments

Tom Garrett 10 months, 1 week ago

Unless you and I are very different, both of us have been waiting to read this headline:

"Captain locked out as plane cockpit door jams."

It's Murphy's Law, isn't it? "Anything that can go wrong, will."

I tell you though, I hope all those corporate people who are trying to get the immigrations laws changed so that Chinese and Indian engineers can flood the United States have been looking at some of the stuff we get from those places.

Why?

Guess whose aircraft it was? And I quote:

"Air India says the cockpit door of one of its planes got jammed during a flight while the captain was using the toilet, forcing an unscheduled landing by the copilot in central India."

The airline said the incident posed no danger to the passengers.

Hey Apu, don't try to hand me that stuff.

Can you imagine it? The pilot sits down next to you. You ask, "Aren't you going to fly the plane."

"Well...uh, no. The door is jammed. But don't worry; I'll just talk to the second pilot through the door."

I'll be there was a lot of impromptu on-the-job-training going on through that cabin door. :-)

Right! Let's get lots of Indian and Chinese engineers to design things for us.

Listen, bubba. I have hacksaw blades that won't hack, a pair of pliers that insists of being two separate parts, ditto scissors, a hammer that won't ham, two can openers that won't open cans, four boxes of genuine pig bristle brushes that shed when you look at them, nails that bend, bolts that strip, screws that won't, screwdrivers that also won't, clocks that are right only once a day, size nine shoes that barely fit size seven feet, superglue tubes that are glued closed, an oven thermometer that always reads 240 degrees, and sixteen....

Oh, well; you get the point.

If they can't engineer a door that works, what's going to happen when they start designing your next computer?

The John McCain sponsored immigration bill would allow 100,000 EXTRA visas each year so that even more useless Chinese and Indian "engineers" can come here and take jobs that our kids are going to college to earn--and borrowing money they will never be able to pay back unless they get the well-paid jobs they went to school for.

I guess what they are trying to do is level the manufacturing playing field. They must feel that if India and China can't make anything that works, the very least we can do is hire some of their totally inept engineers, put them to work making crap, and turn American industry into a copeless mess like the Chinese and Indian industries.

Why don't we just do this: Bring all the Chinese over here, and let all of us move to China--but leave all the Congressional saps iand their idiot supporters here. It wouldn't take us long to straighten that place out over there, and and we'd have a lot more room if we left--say--25 million idiots here.

don evans 10 months, 1 week ago

Tom, I think you might find this of interest regarding American Aviation Tech. New plane can stay aloft for four days now, planned to stay up for ten days!

Thanks, Don

Will take a look at it as soon as I get done with my posting et al.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.