276 Mikey rides again.

Comments

Tom Garrett 1 year, 6 months ago

This time it's in Colorado, along with John, his "trusted companion."

Who are Mike and John? They're a tag-team who were working on a gun control bill up in Colorado until the people smelled a rat and decided to do something about it.

Doing "something about it" is recalling John, aka John Morse, Democratic president of the Colorado Senate.

And who's Mikey? He's John's buddy Mikey bloomberg, nut case elitist, billionaire, Mayor of New York (temporarily), and avowed hater of any kind of rights, and Second Amendment rights in particular because he knows that sooner or later someone is going to take advantage of those rights to rid the world of a nuisance.

Mikey, you see has been plowing money into the gun debate up in Colorado, trying to turn the Centennial State, whose motto is "Nothing without providence," into a another Big Apple, otherwise known as "The City That Never Sleeps." And in case you are wondering why it never sleeps, it's because the thugs have all the guns.

I know. Having grown up there I can testify to that.

Trouble is, Colorado folks like to sleep when it's time for a restful night's rest. They also like the thought that if someone opens and window at night in a bedroom and steps on your back you have right to shoot first and ask questions afterward.

Anyway, the result of all this hoopla is:

a. No bill.

b. A recall petition for John Boy completed in record time with twice as many signatures as needed.

Of course, the people of Colorado could have just waited a year and tossed John out, but Anthony Garcia, speaking for the people who started the petition drive, said, "Waiting for the next election would still give them another year to trample freedom with anti-constitutional bills pushed by an extremist minority. We appealed to people's common sense and found that many wanted action now, both to simply remove him and to send a message to the Legislature here."

Seth Masket, a political scientist at the University of Denver, has done research suggesting that legislators do, in fact, change their ways when they realize they might face a recall.

NPR, however, did not sound too happy about the whole thing as they pointed out that, "Citizens can recall state officials in 19 states, while local officials can be recalled in at least 29 states, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures."

Hm-m-m-m-m.....

Amendment Number 28? Make recalls nationwide?

I'd vote for that, wouldn't you?

We could call it the yo-yo amendment.

Yo! We send you out to represent us.

You represented yourself.

Yo! We snatch you back.

Beats sending them ricin filled letters.

frederick franz 1 year, 6 months ago

I wonder why some people, like Mikey, are willing to spend big money on gun restrictions?? What does it buy them? Are they afraid someone will shoot them? Are they megalomaniacs who want to enforce their opinion on everyone? I'm not interested in owning a gun. While in the Army I had to carry one everywhere with me. I'm happy that I need not do that anymore. Let everyone decide for himself.

"What does it buy them?"

Every time there's a shooting in the United States they pile lies upon lies, pretending that gun control can prevent it. They know it isn't true, but by creating a group of people who buy the idea, they create a group of voters who will vote for them. That's the whole point of the exercise. To see the truth of it you have only to check each Senator and Representative who votes for gun controls and see if he or she owns guns. The answer, by and large, is yes. What does that say. I'll say it for them: It's not okay for you to own guns because you're a bunch of pig-ignorant peasants, but it's okay for me to own them because I am so much better than you.

"Are they megalomaniacs who want to enforce their opinion on everyone?"

I love questions with one word answers: YES!

Fred, you're attitude is the right one--the American one. Protect the rights of others because by doing so you protect your own rights.

Back when I was young I bought three weapons: A single barrel Winchester shotgun, a 22 semi-automatic Winchester, and a Russian Mosin Nagant rifle from the 1917 Russian Revolution as a souvenir of 19th century European workmanship to hang on a wall.

I hauled them from Connecticut to New York, to Texas, to New Jersey, to Japan, to Pakistan, to California, and to Utah. Never fired them. When leaving Utah I missed having the Air Force packers crate them with everything else. I could have just called them and they'd have come back and done it with no problems. Instead, I just walked down the street and gave them away to a friend.

From that day to this I have never bought a gun. The fact that I support the freedom to own and bear arms is that it is a fundamental right granted to all humans by the mere fact they are alive. The most fundamental of all rights is the right to life. The right to protect that life is fundamental. Owning a weapon to do that, and to ensure that you retain your right to live your life as you see fit as long as you harm no one else are the rock-bottom basis of liberty. That's what the Constitution is saying when in the Bill of Rights it affirms the "inalienable rights" spoken of in our most fundamental document: The Declaration of Independence.

That is as plain as the nose on your face, and anyone who tries to twist the truth to make the Bill of Rights mean anything else is an enemy of freedom and should be treated like one.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.