Tea Party News from Shirley Dye

Comments

Tom Garrett 6 months, 3 weeks ago

30 Sep, 2013.

Thursday, October 3rd, 2013: Payson Tea Party, 6:00-7:30 pm, Tiny’s Family Restaurant. Speaker is Steve Smith, a long time Gila County rancher, who will share about “The Mexican Gray Wolf in the Western United States”. Come hear about this Fish and Wildlife program to relocate these wolves in Rural AZ and the costs to taxpayers.

(Originally scheduled speaker Mike Zullo, lead investigator for Sheriff Joe’s Cold Case Possee, is unable to come because “we are moving in a direction with the investigation and I cannot participate in any speaking events in the near future”.)

OTHER EVENTS OF INTEREST:

Monday, September 30th, 2013: Rim Country Republican Club. 11:00 gather to order lunch and Socialize, 11:30 am Speaker AZ Senator Chester Crandell speaks about his Committee assignments. Business meeting to follow.

Tuesday, October 1st, 2013: Gila County Transportation Study, Public Meeting, Payson Public Library, 328 N. McLane, 5:30 pm, presentation at 6 pm. Draft recommendations to address identified needs re roadway, safety, pavement, bicycle and pedestrian, and Transportation Finance.

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013: Tommie Martin invites you to meet Good Earth Power, Contractor for 4-FRI. 9:30 am, Payson Library, 328 N. McLane.

Please see next post for personal note from Tommie.

Tom Garrett 6 months, 3 weeks ago

From Tommie:

“I have a Payson meeting scheduled with Jason Rosamond and Maya Minkova, co-founders of Good Earth Power, the new Contractor for the Four Forest Restoration Initiative (4FRI). As you know, this first phase of 4FRI calls for the thinning and restoration of 300,000 forest acres over a 10-year period. Initially, the acres will come from USFS 'shelf stock' (various areas that have successfully been put through a NEPA review process and are waiting to be treated) - while other acreage is currently going through a NEPA process for availability later on in the project.

I'm hoping you can join us and listen and learn about who Good Earth Power is, what they offer, what their business plan is, how they envision proceeding, what this contract may mean to local business and local infrastructure, etc. I'm also hoping to have FS maps that give an indication of where the initial shelf stock thinning will occur and by when.

In addition, I plan to have a conference phone set up in case folks can't attend but would like to hear the discussion. This will be a very simple set-up with a phone and a speaker which will not accommodate a productive give-and-take, but should be able to let you listen to the conversation at least. If you use it I will ask you to mute YOUR phone while you listen. That call in number is 877-820-7831 and the code is 691102# .... it is a new set-up and may or may not work - I make no promises!

If you know you’re coming, would you please RSVP to Cheryl Sluyter at either 928-474-7100 or csluyter@gilacountyaz.gov ? That way we'll know how much coffee to brew! If you know of someone that should have been invited, please extend them an invitation and let me know by return email so I can add them to the list. For those of you who work with Boards and/or Councils please make sure they all get the message - thanks!

See you Wednesday - Tommie “

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.