For a reason

Comments

Rex Hinshaw 6 months ago

Tom , I put this on your site so you can see it. As many of you know,my wife is fighting cancer in Tulsa. She was scheduled to come home for a visit this week. Her chemo and rad. made her too weak to travel. Our daughter-in law was due to have our grandson around Nov. 6th. He arrived tonight...healthy...and Karen was there. She would have been heart-broken if she wasn't there...she was. Even though I miss my wife....positive things mean so much when you are fighting for your life. His name is Jonah Lee. Our 3 year old grandaughter said that she was going to call him Marvin. We have no idea where that came from. So if I call him Lee and she calls him Marvin...then that is Lee Marvin :) Some things are meant to be. I will trade my wife being there with her grandchildren instead of here. It's tough though. Life starts and life ends...I guess there is a balance.

Patricia Johnson 6 months ago

Rex, I guess this is one of those moments in life that can be classified as "Bittersweet". I know that Karen would have loved to come home to spend time with you because, even after all these years, she is still madly head-over-heels in love with you! But the Lord works in mysterious ways, and He decided that this baby needed to come into the world now and Karen needed to be there. I hope it will renew her strength to continue her brave battle, and she is blessed to have you in her life for your undying support and devotion. Love to you both and welcome to the world, little Lee Marvin!

Pat Randall 6 months ago

Rex, Congratulations on your new grandson. It is a wonderful feeling to be there when your grandchildren are born.

Bernice Winandy 6 months ago

Congratulations, Grandpa! It is too bad that you couldn't be there, too. It is wonderful to be there when granchildren our born. Do you have Skype?

Bernice Winandy 6 months ago

By the way, what type of cancer does your wife have and how long has she been in the battle?

Tom Garrett 6 months ago

Thanks, Rex. You said about all that there is to say, "Life starts and life ends..."

That's about all we will ever know this side of the great divide.

God bless you, your wife, and all your loved ones.

Pat Randall 5 months, 4 weeks ago

Bernice, Do you think that was a proper question to ask Rex? It is none of your business and I am sure he does not want to discuss his wife's illness. Back off !

Rex Hinshaw 5 months, 4 weeks ago

Thank you all for the kind words. Bernice, I did not take offence at your question but prefer to leave it at serious. Tom, thank you for allowing me to share this on your site.

Bernice Winandy 5 months, 4 weeks ago

Rex, truly pleased that you did not take offense. I asked my question out of concern. I will keep your wife in my prayers.

Tom Garrett 5 months, 4 weeks ago

Rex,

Please feel free — more than free — to air anything you wish to air here among your friends. As someone who knows only too well that talking helps I hope anyone who has something to say feels that this is one place where it can be said.

One thing that I admire about the Roundup, and one reason I do this forum, is the fact that we are always talking with real people, with real names, and genuinely held opinions.

It's like walking outside and exchanging a few honest thoughts with a neighbor, isn't it?

Pat Randall 5 months, 4 weeks ago

Amazing how few of us have met face to face and where. I have met six. Shovelhead invited everyone to meet at Rumsey Park several years ago but only two of us showed up and we went together. One was my first neighbor when I moved back to Payson. Met one at the Pioneer Dinner, one before he was on the town council. One came by my house to pick up a computer.

Ronald Hamric 5 months, 4 weeks ago

Mr. Hinshaw,

I'm sure you are aware that there are several on this blog that have been down the road you and your wife are now traveling. There is not much one can offer in such circumstances but prayers and a willingness to make themselves available if you want to talk about/express your feelings. It is very frustrating being a caregiver/provider but at the same time feeling totally helpless to turn the situation around. A large part of the struggle, for me at least, was coming to terms with that reality and accepting my inability to change the outcome after a career of helping others deal with emergency situations in their lives. Very humbling. Were it not for my faith in Jesus Christ, I know I would not be here right now. Anytime you want to talk, the offer is out there along with continued prayer.

Rex Hinshaw 5 months, 3 weeks ago

Thank you Ron and everyone who has responded. I consider my self a cowboy. And I have lived by the credeo..."cowboy up" Well I've tried that...my wife's suffering and pain has taken me to a different place. I wish I could have a more positive attitude. But my beautiful wife has been raviged it's hard to explane.....but I am distoyed....I am distroyed. Thanks for your caring.

Rex Hinshaw 5 months, 3 weeks ago

Sorry about being so melodramatic in my last post. Sunday evenings are the toughest for me. Today is a better day. And again...thanks.

Pat Randall 5 months, 3 weeks ago

Rex, You can be any way you want to on here. We are all friends even if it doesn't seem like it at times. A lot of us have been thru what you are at this time and understand the frustration and helplessness.

Kim Chittick 5 months, 3 weeks ago

Mr. Hinshaw, please know that you, your wife and your family will be in my prayers. We are all with you in our hearts. Pat Randall summed it up perfectly.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.