522 You decide the punishment.

Comments

Tom Garrett 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Peter Jacob Lara was an apprentice embalmer at Halley-Olsen-Murphy Funeral Home in Lancaster, CA. He is accused of "stealing gold dental crowns from many corpses under his care..."

About 125 of them.

How do you suppose you "steal" a dental crown?

If you had the power to do it, what punishment would give him?

Pat Randall 11 months, 2 weeks ago

He probably takes out the complete tooth and then takes the gold off. Penalty as any other theft and with all his teeth pulled out. No dentures.

"Reinserting the crowns."

Bernice, you draw quite a picture there, but could you be a little more specific? In who? And where?

I'm with you too, Pat. But in all fairness to the guy, since he pulled the teeth out after all those people were dead, would it not only be fair that he be dead at the time we do it?

Bernice Winandy 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Reinsert the crowns back into the people he took them from. I was trying to be facetious.

Continuing in the macabre vein, do you know why they put fences around cemeterys?

I don't know, Bernice, but I can hardly wait to find out. :-)

Because people are dying to get in.

I know groan, groan.

There is this cemetery in Chicago that is surrounded by a brick fence. At one time, every Halloween someone would run the back and forth along the top of the fence covered in a white sheet. I often wondered if it was the person who lived in the purple house with large white polka dots that happened to be right across the street from said cemetery.

Nothing like a large city for some nutty nuts. :-)

Groan.

"Nothing like a large city for some nutty nuts. :-)"

Amen!

Amen Corner, that is.

For those of you who've never spent much time in London, that's an intersection in an area of London called Tooting, which the blokes all pronounce "Tootin."

Which, come to think of it, leads to a funny story about Tooting Common, a grassy area in Tooting.

One day my sister-in-law Betty was reading something or other than said (incorrectly) that Tutankhamun was black. The blokes pronounce Tutankhamun Tootin-cah-min (all nicely squished together).

With some of our British friends around the supper table, Betty proceeded to say, "Did you all know that Tutankhamun was black?"

"NEVER!!" one of our Cockney friends said. "NEVER!! Tootin Common is GREEN!"

At the moment it was very funny, but it seems to lose a little in writing.

By the way, now you know where our southern folks get that "you all" from. It's British.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.