691 The Question Is.... School bonds.

Comments

Tom Garrett 6 months, 2 weeks ago

PUSD finds itself a neat one million dollars short in next year's school budget.

Without going into the details of how the federal and state governments have managed to get us into this predicament....

The Question Is....

Would you vote for a school bond issue to cover the shortage?

Pat Randall 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Not if it raises my taxes. Maybe the schools should find a way to cut expenses.

John Lemon 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Tom, The manner in which several members of the Board have acted and voted over the past 5 years have left a bitter taste in my mouth. I have serious doubts about approving any bond issue for the school district. A couple of years back the Board allowed a debt of over a million dollars. How ironic that they now claim to be a million short.

Tom Garrett 6 months, 2 weeks ago

I agree with both of you.

I will be bluntly honest and say that I haven't got a clue what is going on in PUSD. Too secretive. Too many executive sessions a-la "we don't want to tell you what's really going on." How can we relate to a school district that feeds us smoke and mirrors year after year? In order to feel as thought you should help someone you at least have to know who he is.

Add that to the obviously corrupt federal interference in education and the anti-public education stance of the legislature here in Arizona and I wouldn't voluntarily pay a nickel for anything in any school in the state. Period!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.