The Question is

Comments

Tom Garrett 6 months, 1 week ago

Bernice, I have the same question Pat has, but I'll take a shot in the dark and guess that maybe you mean the numbers which precede the strings.

If that's what you are asking about, here's the answer:

Up until not too long ago the Roundup used to post the number of comments made by each user in the user profile. That made it relatively easy to track something I said and find it. However, they no longer do that, so I just began numbering the strings. Why? I often promise that I will do a follow-up on some subject, and that means I have to locate the original string when I finally find that followup, which may be many months, or even as much as two years, later (I give up after 2 years). Without going into details, the numbers make it easier for me to find the string I need to open; it's easier because I can do a quick search of a Used Strings file on my machine by subject (such as "Building Code"), get the number of the string, and do a fairly quick scan of prior strings on the Roundup site because it is easier to read numbers than titles.

Or maybe that's not what you wanted to know......

Pat Randall 6 months, 1 week ago

Tom. I thought that was the numbers she was talking about but didn't want to give her a wrong answer.

Bernice Winandy 6 months, 1 week ago

Thanks, my question is answered. However, it does seem somewhat complicated. But then, lately a lot seems complicated. :-)

Tom Garrett 6 months, 1 week ago

You're right, Bernice. It is complicated. Want some fun? Try going back and making a comment on a string we worked on two or three months ago. There's no search engine for it.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.