715 Need a laugh? Read on....

Comments

Tom Garrett 3 months, 1 week ago

Michael Smith of Norridgewock, Maine, who works nights, was sound asleep one morning when a tree crew from the power company started trimming branches on his property. He jumped up, hauled on his jeans, stuck his head out the door, and yelled at them to quiet the hell down.

One of the crew saw a gun stuck in Smith's waistband, so he called the police. A police SWAT team arrived, armed to the teeth.

Trouble is, the "gun" was a tattoo. A joke. It does look like a gun stuck in Smith's belt if he is shirtless, which he was that morning, of course, because he had just hopped out of bed. But that's all it is, a harmless joke from his younger days.

The police went away. No charges were filed.

But....

Can you see the wheels turning in some heads?

Pat Randall 3 months, 1 week ago

First of all the tree trimming crew should have had permission to be on his property and when they arrived to go to work they should have rang his door bell and told him they were starting. To answer your question, the tattoo places in town will probably get real busy soon if they read your post. He may get shot because of the tattoo. A stupid thing to have tattooed there. Must have been drunk at the time, or totally stupid all the time. However in Arizona you are allowed to have a gun and to keep people off your property if they are there without permission. I knew people that always kept a gun by their door. No, not in plain sight, but handy if they needed it. I lived in Mesa and Gilbert in 8 different places for over 30 yrs. and called the police once because a teenager that lived on our street kept racing up and down like a crazy person all over the road. We never locked our doors for the first 20 yrs. I have had a home here in Payson since 1993 and have had to call the police at least 3 times and had the swat team after me once. The police here told me to keep my doors locked all the time. It is a real different world we live in now. Oh for the good old days.

Tom Garrett 3 months ago

"Oh for the good old days."

Amen!

"We never locked our doors for the first 20 yrs."

In New York City, in the 1930's when the depression was at its worst and you might think that people would be stealing to eat, we not only didn't lock our doors, we didn't even have a key.

That's right. No key.

The lock on the front door was one of those which most people have never seen. You could unlock it with a key, but to lock it going out the easy way was to just tap a pushbutton on the edge of the door, which set the lock. There was another pushbutton just below the other one that unlocked it.

One day someone hit that pushbutton by accident and we were all locked out until my brother Frankie got a screwdriver somewhere, slid it into the space between the door and the sill, and popped the button.

The "wheels" turning I was thinking of were those in the heads of the kind of people who wouldn't let a deaf kid into a school because to sign his name he had to make a sign that looked a little like someone pointing a finger at someone like a gun. The idiot superintendent thought that was reason to ban the poor kid from school.

I'd like to grab a guy like that and put him on gallows with a rope around his neck. When he asked why we were going to hang him I'd tell him, "Gee, I'm sorry, but we're trying to create a perfect world, and you're not perfect so you have to go."

Then I'd pull handle that he could see, one that dropped the trapdoor about four inches with a lot of noise. After that I'd let him go home, clean his underpants, and give his politics some serious thought.

If those people can think, that is.

Tom Garrett 3 months ago

Want to bet that somewhere around the country there's some federal, state, country, or city legislator who is right now writing a law that bans such tattoos?

Tom Garrett 3 months ago

I wonder?

This has nothing to do with anything, but does anyone remember the little guy named Tattoo on the old TV program that began with him yelling. "The plane! The plane!"

Somehow or other this string has made me think about that and I keep wondering what the hey kind of program that was, or what its name was.

Anybody remember?

Kim Chittick 3 months ago

Yeppers Pat! It was Fantasy Island. The little guy who played Tattoo was Herve Villachaize, and the lead on the show was Ricardo Montalban. Interesting the nonsense that pops up unbidden!!

Tom Garrett 3 months ago

Oh, yeah! Fantasy Island?

"Interesting the nonsense that pops up unbidden!!"

Be glad! When it stops popping up they'll be trying to get you on haldol so you won't complain about the lousy treatment in the nursing home.

Fantasy Island. Hm-m-m-m....

You know something I do not remember a single episode of it.

I do remember Ricardo Montalban though. Did he star in that movie about army ants? What was it called? Marabunta?

On the other hand, I can remember lots of episodes of Gilligan's Island.

I think that says something about me. No doubt Pat will tell me what it is. :-)

"Tattoo committed suicide. Shot himself."

No kidding? Too bad.

Pat Randall 3 months ago

Tom, You would be the professor on Gilligan's Island.

Tom Garrett 3 months ago

I don't know, sometimes I remind myself of Gilligan. Either way, do I get any money? :-)

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.