730 The Question Is.... Vote peddling.

Comments

Tom Garrett 7 months, 3 weeks ago

Oh, boy!

Around the beginning of April I was typing a reply to Pat on her question about illegals and Obamacare when something occurred to me.

The "something" was a comment from Ron on another string.

I'll just put it in a question; I think that will let you see what is worrying me.

The Question Is....

"Since vote peddling has become the way to go these days, as evidenced by the fact that the President of the United States just went on television and told the relatives of illegals that they need not worry, and since one of the largest populations of our nation is behind bars, how long do you think it will be before someone realizes that prisoners have relatives too, that the prisoners themselves could be granted the right to vote, that their relatives would vote along with them, and that doing it would create another solid block of voters dependent on the federal government?"

I wonder?

Do you think DC will go so far in buying votes that it will begin to pander to the large slice of our population that is in prison, or perhaps I should say to their voting relatives on the outside?

Or has it already started?

Pam Mason 7 months, 3 weeks ago

It has already started with the dictates of the European court of human rights. Prime Minister David Cameron UK is calling for the powers of the European court to be restricted. Cameron said prisoners should not be given the right to vote and that the final decision must lie with the UK parliament and not Europe. I am not sure how long they will hold out.

Subway UK gave in under pressure from Muslim customers and now some 185 stores have eliminated bacon and ham from their menus. Instead "halal meat" prepared under strict Islamic rules will be introduced as a replacement.

My point is that what happens in Europe often ends up here whether we like it or not.

"My point is that what happens in Europe often ends up here whether we like it or not."

Amen!

And I am sick of it!

We are supposed to be the bastion of freedom, not the followers of those who pander to special groups!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.