Fireworks or No Fireworks

Comments

Barbara Rasmussen 3 years, 6 months ago

With the latest fire near Bear Canyon Lake on the Rim it would make perfect sense to cancel the fireworks for the 4th of July Celebration at GVP. Payson also is in the middle of a very dry forest and all it would take is one spark blown by the wind (which there is plenty of lately) and we could have the same catastrophic wildfire such as the Wallow or Monument or Horseshoe 2. Just wondering what everyone else's thoughts are on this matter.

Pat Randall 3 years, 6 months ago

No fireworks by anyone. Town or citizens. Please Town don't be stupid !

Rex Hinshaw 3 years, 6 months ago

Pat, I agree with you . I feel sorry for the kids, but I think the town should set the example.

I have found that with kids, the little ones under 4, are screaming because of the noise and the rest of them are running around disrupting people that are trying to watch. I have a great grandson that comes to my daughter's house high up on Rim View st. on the night of the fireworks. . But even that far away he stays in the house with his ears covered while his parents and little brother watch the fireworks. He is in the 1st or 2nd grade but does not like to hear or see the fireworks.

My children....after the age of 4 or so....all went oooooh.....ahhhhhh.

Dan Haapala 3 years, 6 months ago

Couldn't find a safer place to do it but I don't think we should. It's one of those years and let's keep the message consistent.

It also costs the town $20,000 for the fireworks. I think they approved the contract this month. There are better and safer ways to spend that money when we are being told how broke the town is.

clicked the button too soon. $20,000 will pay half a years pay to a fireman.

Just an idea....How about a first class laser light show with good patriotic music for the 4th of July.

Mr. Hinshaw, Sounds like a great idea, but how much will it cost the town?

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.