Town Employee Handbook

Comments

Pat Randall 3 years, 3 months ago

Why was this officer not fired? Also Garvin. Does the town employee rules not have a moral or ethics code?

Robert Jones 3 years, 3 months ago

Pat, That's a good question. A quite serious one too. I hope it receives a good answer. I don't know though, sorry. Lately, I just need a good laugh. I'll keep searching for it, maybe elsewhere would be better?

PB

It will get to the point if a woman has a police car come up behind her with the red light flashing they will be afraid to stop with these kind of officers on the loose.

Barbara Rasmussen 3 years, 3 months ago

Yes. The Personnel Handbook can be found by using the search box on the town's website.

Go to town website and read the The Town of Payson Police Dept. mission statement. It may take awhile to find the employee information because I don't know how to find it again. Maybe Barbara can tell you how.

Rex Hinshaw 3 years, 3 months ago

Pat, I can't speak to this last incident. But I would like to say something about Don Garvin. I've known the Garvin family for 15 years. Don [sr.] was a good friend of mine. I have always known officer Garvin to be ,what I would consider, a good cop....fair and serious. Pat , for you to advocate for Garvins' firing in light of this last incident is not appropriate. Officer Garvin worked very hard for many years to achieve the rank that was taken away as punishment. Personal problems maybe got the better of him....but he's human. He's an asset to this community, and I'm glad he is still on the force.

Rex, I grew up believing law enforcement were to be trusted, moral and ethical. You would be safe around them and show them respect. When they put on that uniform, badge, and carry a gun, they are a different kind of human. One that sets a good example. If you cheat in one way, odds are you will cheat in others. I don't think it was appropriate for the town manager to go over the head of the hearing officer or what ever you call him and not fire Garvin at the time of his incidents. So he had a personal problem. You bet he did! We all have personal problems. Handle them in a respectful way. Someone on here today was defending him by saying he wasn't married at the time. Well one of the woman he was messing with was.

Pat, I too believe law enforcement should be trusted. I believe that this last incident has nothing to do with officer Garvin. By the way, we ALL have the right to carry a gun in this state. Be careful when making statements based on what you have read as to someones guilt or what they may have done. Don Garvin is an outstanding officer now, and will continue to be.

Tim Fruth 3 years, 3 months ago

That is the problem in small town, USA, we all know these guys so our emotions and feelings can get in the way of factual information. IMO this last incident has everything to do with the previous sexual incident. How? Well for one, how in the world can you be that stupid knowing the negative publicity that incident received. Yet the same stupid mistakes are made.

Rex, If they were not guilty why were they demoted? I don't think I am the only one who mentioned Garvins name. Maybe the incident does have something to do with him. If he had been fired that would have set an example of what will happen to the next officer that does a similar thing. How do you know what kind of officer he will continue to be? Yes I know everyone has the right to carry a gun. Have some myself.

Marly, Are we going to shoot at targets or each other. (:

Tim Fruth 3 years, 3 months ago

I should say I am now officially scared especially if they are in working condition.

Dan Haapala 3 years, 3 months ago

Villain beware, there are now on record two pistol packin, Mamas that are willing to duke it out.:)

Ok Pat.....................DRAW..............oh.............you got me. We both have expressed our opinions. Let's hope they get this mess straightened out....and it doesn't happen ever again.

Marly, Maybe we should team up and go after some of the men on here. No I guess pot shots at them are better too.

Dan Haapala 3 years, 3 months ago

Okay ladies, would you please explain the term 'pot shots' as you know it. I've heard the expression for years, used it myself, but have no idea what it means. What does it mean? There is a better than 50% chance I'll be receiving some. :- {

A critical remark made in a random or sporadic manner. According to Webster. How's that Dan?

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.