Payson water for Chaparral Pines and Rim club golf courses

Comments

Pat Randall 1 year, 10 months ago

Was listening to the radio this morning. Could hardly believe what I heard. Payson is going to sell water to Chaparral and Rim Club for thier golf courses. This was not in the agreements for either subdivisions. They have wells and are supposed to be using reclaimed water and thier wells. We can't have a small grassy spot in our yards in Payson. But we must keep the golf courses green that we can't use. Anyone have an opinion?

frederick franz 1 year, 9 months ago

Pat,

This is such a political nightmare, that I can only comment on the facts. When water was proposed to pipe down from the Blue-ridge reservoir, all of the expectations by the Payson officials said it was a good thing because we need the extra water for future development of Payson. However, now with the dwindling population of Payson, the number of water hook-ups are declining. That means that the water company is not maintaining the revenue which was expected. Watch for a rate increase! To replace the income from metered water sales, the water company wants to sell as much water as it can to anyone who wants it. I say, yes, sell water to Chaparral and Rim Club for their golf courses.

Pat Randall 1 year, 9 months ago

Yes, and then whine because you will be restricted to how many baths a week you can take. I have a water supply handbook dated July 1995 that effluent is a valuable commodity. "It is impossible to use all the effluent."

In another article it is stated, In compliance with town demands that no groundwater within the town be used for golf course irrigation, Chapparal Pines investors purchased the property known as Calhoun Ranch and drilled wells. I wish I had a thousand of these 16 page handbooks to hand out.

The classic quote in it is. Walker says he is glad to be "in cahoots" with a development he says has and will continue, to do much for the Payson area.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.