A 4th of July Flag Suggestion for all of us

Comments

don evans 1 year, 9 months ago

I love my country as much as anybody else. But I am deeply concerned about the direction it is taking. I'm not big on protests as such. I believe a statement must be made about our current National leadership or lack of it. A statement that is seen by many and cannot be ignored. An American Flag flown upside down is a recognised sign of distress and of being in need of help. Consider flying your Flag upside down this 4th of July and send a message to our national political leaders and the Supreme Court.

John Naughton 1 year, 9 months ago

Bad suggestion, Don. Our flag should not be used as a political statement... period.

Pat Randall 1 year, 9 months ago

Mr. Naugton, We finally agree on something.
Our flag should be flown properly. Right side up. Not at half mast. Not after dark if not lit. Not in the rain. Not flown on car aerials in tatters.
Respect, Respect, Respect. What happened to the rules on flying the flag that was at the top of the Roundup Forum? Please put it back.

Dan Haapala 1 year, 9 months ago

John, with all due respect, Our Flag is a standard of political statement for all the World. To fly the flag upside down as a sign of distress is not correct here. To fly the flag starting now and not just for the Holiday would be great in my opinion, but follow the rules of decorum. Question I have not heard before. A black arm band or a black color device is often worn when there is a reason to be in mourning. Are we yet? Would a black ribbon tied below the standard be appropriate? Just asking.

don evans 1 year, 9 months ago

We must disagree on this. Our flag is a cherished symbol, but it is also political symbol. And our nation is in deep distress in my opinion. I believe that on this 4th of July, such a sight would cause people to reflect and ponder the sickness , the cure, and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. This suggestion is on the web and growing. Under our Flag etiquette the upside down use is the first mentioned. See USA Flag.Org . Veterans should take no offense if they are informed of the reason. No further comment by me on this topic. Follow your own feelings.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.