Payson Hospital wants to protect us? (:

Comments

Pat Randall 2 years, 2 months ago

Don't know if it has reached the Roundup but tomorrow is the last day any kind of tobacco product is allowed to be used on any property owned or leased by Payson Regional Medical Center. Not in your car in the parking lots or anywhere else they own or lease. The care should go down as the employees, Drs. and the nurses will have to leave the hospital grounds and offices owned by them to smoke. Who will be in the ER. wards or offices to answer calls? I understand not smoking in the hospital but who the hell do they think they are to say you cannot smoke in your own car? How will they enforce it? Town Police? What can they do to you? Sue you? Refuse to treat you, or is there some special law that has been passed we don't know about? Govt. wants to tell us what we can eat. If they aren't careful we will be so healthy the medical profession can close down. How will people know about this if they don't get a copy of the Circle News printed by the Senior Circle? Another place you won't be able to smoke in the parking lot. In another 5 years we will be like robots, won't need to think for ourself because we won't have a choice.

Dan Haapala 2 years, 2 months ago

Pat, the one thing about this i agree with ( don't go balistic) is it wasn't the government. Private enterprise has the right to do what they want. At least that's the way I had interpreted the rules from birth to now. The problem is a simple one. If the health care system really believes and can substantiate that using tobacco products causes death and other health issues as they have been saying for the past 50 years, than why is tobacco still legal? Because it generates too much money for the Feds, the states, the health care system and the legal eagles. Question: If the hospital can't deny services to indigent illegal aliens, then they can't tell me not to smoke, right? Are they going to throw me out because I smoke? ( by the way I quit). It is a stupid unenforceable attempt to control society and something they can do because the don't get any money from the Government.....wait a minute.....They do get money from the Government. They get Medicare, they get Medicade, they....you get the point I hope.

Wouldn't it be nice if some doctors and nurses got together and said, 'We are no longer going to worry about insurance. Patients who have a problem will be diagnosed and told their options. What they have to do. What medicine can do and what that medicine costs. Then say here's the bill how do want to pay we don't take insurance. We take payments, we barter, we believe in the Hipocratic oath, you will not be turned away and we'll work together to get you better. Then we expect you to stay that way. Truth be told if you come to us because you have abused yourself......we may not be able to help. You have to change. If you change we will help. Wouldn't that be a better health care plan than Obamacare?

Pat Randall 2 years, 2 months ago

Dan, Damn Suddenlink, I had something all typed and the program changed.

I have had a lot of contact with cardiologists since 1977 with my husband. St. Mary's Hospital in San Francisco twice, Standford Hospital in Palo Alto Calif. Good Sam. in Phx. Several in Mesa, and three in Payson. Some said tobacco was bad, some said it didn't matter, and some smoked.

I can understand not smoking inside the hospital. In my own car outside, no way. I know people who have died of lung cancer that were never around tobacco. My dad smoked from the age of 6 till he was 76 and lived until almost 95. Healthy and no dementia. Flu got him.

I don't think anyone has the right to tell me what to eat or do to my body unless there is a vote and a law passed. And the beat goes on.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.