Immigration law

Comments

Pat Randall 1 year, 7 months ago

Law enforcement should check every person they stop for citizen ID. Or have work permit, green card or whatever that allows them to be here. When I had a business in Tempe I had to have ID from every employee no matter what color. Even my 3 kids that worked there and myself. I always got 3. Social security card, drivers license and what ever else they had to prove they belonged here. Made copies of them and kept them in their files.

All illegals are not darker color. Some are from Germany, Sweden and places where there are no dark people. But still are illegals.

It is very easy to get a card at MVD that looks like a drivers license but is only an ID card. Take your certified birth certifcate, fill out a form, have your picture taken and you are ready to go. When my husband started into dementia it was about time we had to have our drivers license renewed. We went in and I got a drivers license and he got an ID which did not allow him to drive. But if he got lost or something he had ID. I waited in line in Mesa at MVD while 20 special needs people were getting IDs. Thought that was a great idea for them. Everyone needs some kind of ID on them at all times in case of an accident or something.

Pam Mason 1 year, 7 months ago

Every Legal Resident Alien is instructed to carry their Resident Alien Card (previously green card) with them at all times. It is understood that it should be produced for inspection upon request from appropriate authorities. Online under official immigration website, there is a clear warning that it is against the law to attempt to vote when one is not a USA citizen. Likewise penalties can and will be imposed. I see no reason for any newcomer to be confused on this matter, it is very clearly written.

Pat, good suggestion for carrying an ID, my Uncle had a stroke which affected his speech. He liked to go for walks and having current ID on him gave his wife some peace of mind.

Pat Randall 1 year, 7 months ago

Some people think it is a way for the govt. to keep track of you, well they already do. A card like a drivers license isn't going to change that. If you are a wanted criminal you aren't going to have one. It is my understanding new borns have to have a SS number or you can't claim them on your income tax.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.