Get your Payson Medical Marijuana Card here>>>>>

Comments

don evans 1 year, 8 months ago

Original "Marijuana" title thread is posted under World, National, and State News blog heading. I felt this new post belongs under Community Discussions. Wake up Payson, it's here> FYI, in Payson, you can go to the "Health Supplement" business located next to the old Woody's gas station at Beeline Hwy and Bonita. While there, you can see the staff "licensed" doctor? (a Joke?) who works there, and tell he/she your malady's. If you claim to have one of the growing list of "authorized malady's" (such as claimed chronic insomnia) you can pay $300 and obtain your new prescribed Medical Marijuana Card from this local business. Then you can go to your dispensary or dealer of choice and purchase the "authorized" amount of Marijuana and legaly possess/use that amount. Then you can go home and plant the "authorized" number of marijuana plants in your yard for your on going use if you live a minimum of 25 miles (I think) from a retail Marijuana dispensary. Currently, there are no "authorized dispensary's" within 25 miles of Payson. (yet, I think)

PS: You can read all the warm and fuzzy details on the above local business/pot card operation in an archived Roundup Article dated July 13, 2012 Titled> "Pot Permits Popular Here"

PPS: It just gets better. You can designate someone else to be a "caregiver" (provide marijuana) for you. They can legally cultivate the marijuana plants for you at THEIR residence or other location of choice!

Pat Randall 1 year, 8 months ago

Why doesn't Evans have a special council meeting and pass a law against anyone from putting in a dispensary to sell marijuana? He seems to think he can do anything. Maybe this would be something he could get done that would help the town. All business have to have a Payson business license. Doesn't it have to be a licensed Dr. and end of life pain that meets the requirement of this law? You can go to the Ariz. Med. Board and find out if a person is a licensed doctor in Ariz.

Jane Wilcox 1 year, 8 months ago

Um, well - voters DID pass the Medical Marijuana law 3x was it? And WHY are we taxpayers still letting Attorney General Motgomery go to court to fight this, when he KEEPS LOSING, and the voters VOTED ON IT? Am I the only one that is beyond MAD? I have seen the affects of marijuana on very sick people. It eliminates their suffering. Would you rather they take heaping doses of Morphene????

Marijuana is a plant - an herb, really, and (according to the Bible) Adam gave Archangel Uriel the whole entire book of all the healing herbs in it. I would bet that Marijuana is in there - probably under its legal name, Cannibus something or the other.

The REASON that it is NOT a drug is that mankind does not INTERFERE with the natural process of the plant. It dries out, and you ingest it, without ADDING anything. It IS here for a reason. I seriously doubt that God would inhabit this planet randomly - (altho I see some people and wonder how they made it, but nevermind).....ALL vegetation has some benefit- whether to human or animal, insect, amoeba, vermin... you get the idea.

Jan Brewer and Att. Gen. Motgomery need to just get over it that the voters of this State have mandated that Medical Marijuana is LEGAL, and get on with the business of regulating the dispensaries.

Now, I suggest we all keep an eyeball on Colorado and Washington as they tax the hell out of recreational marijuana and get their states so far out of debt, they could pay OFF the National Debt.

Just sayin ..... Merry Christmas.

don evans 1 year, 7 months ago

Science says chronic use does break down your DNA....Frankly, that works for me. Toke it up until your belly up!

Jane Wilcox 1 year, 7 months ago

Don, Science also denies the existence of God. Besides, in MOST cases it is used for end of life relief from pain. This is not recreational use we're talking about.

Jane Wilcox 1 year, 7 months ago

PS: MY bad, It's not the Attorney General, but Maricopa County Attorney (in cahoots with our Governor) that keep fighting the battle to make medical marijuana illegal....despite what the voters have said. I needed to clear that up. Thanks! Merry Christmas!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.