Women in combat and real equality no exception?

Comments

don evans 1 year, 9 months ago

Just curious as to what your thoughts are about USA Women in the military being in a full combat roll. Some Women say it will give full equality and opportunity in the military. There is an interesting letter to the editor in the Roundup about how much equality should they be held to. Like should they now have to register for the Draft as men must do? Same combat standards and training as their male counterparts, no special exceptions or criteria?

Pat Randall 1 year, 9 months ago

Yes they should have to register for the draft. My sons and grandsons had to. Equal is equal. It isn't fair to the women who want to stay home and raise a family but they should speak out if they don't want to go into the military. Stop the few that want to be macho. Stop the nit wit women who want to be on the front lines with a rifle. They will probably get more of our military killed than the enemy. I don't think women should do anything but secretarial work in the police dept. or fire dept. Very few have the strength or build to protect thier partners in an event. My son was a fireman in Mesa. 6ft 2in. tall, 200 lbs. How many women could have saved him from a burning building if he was injured and had another 40 or 50 lbs of gear on? They should have to be able to pass the same physical test the men do. Same in the military. Sleep in the same area, use the same bathrooms, showers and anything else necessary. If they want to be a man then be a man. God made women and men different for a reason. I am a woman and was perfectly happy to be married, raise kids and take care of my husband. I worked at several different jobs but never put a man in jeporady because I am only 5 ft 1 in. and weighed about 125 lbs at the time. I like doors opened for me and all the perks that women have or did have before women's lib.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.