Journigan House on Main St.

Comments

Pat Randall 1 year, 1 month ago

I was not born before the Journigan house was built but since my family came here in 1898, I am quite aware of the history of Payson. There was no apt. upstairs where anyone died. Only a small attic.

The ghost was never mentioned before 8 or 9 years ago when 'new' people were trying to make something on Main St. historical. That ain't it. No one was hung in the parking lot of the Oxbow or where Bud's Plumbing building is located. The Journigan house has been remodeled, built on to and changed several times over the years. There was no concrete in the original house and it was very small. No apt. just an attic. My husband's uncle Alf Randall and his family lived in the house in the 30's and no spooks ever bothered them. I just spoke with one of the boys who now lives in Pine. Mr. and Mrs. Fuel lived there several years and no spooks. I need to go there to see the picture of the little girl spook. It may be me. (:

Pat Randall 1 year, 1 month ago

Where are all these knowledgeabe people that know about and have seen the spooks. Come out of the wordwork and prove it .

don evans 1 year, 1 month ago

I don't know about the spooks, but since Laura's Small cafe closed up and Laura brought her breakfast menu items to J House, business is much better in the AM hours. Breakfast stops at 11am M-F and 2pm on Sat & Sun. Try the home made smoked corned beef hash! All beef, no chunks of potato mixed in it.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.