APS Smart Meters to start July 2013 in Payson!

Comments

don evans 11 months, 1 week ago

Ok, what is an Electrical Smart Meter? This short video explains it all> http://www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com/videos/technology/smartconnect-meter-upgrade-completed.html

There are many privacy and health issues regarding the installation and use of these new signal through the air electrical monitoring meters and everyone should become informed about them before you allow their installation on your home or business. I have been informed that Payson APS will begin installing them here on or about July 1st. 2013. There was a group of people demonstrating with signs on the Beeline Hwy sidewalk today in front of the Court complex parking lot. They advised me of the above information. They also are asking citizens to attend the May 16 Town Council meeting and listen to various citizen questions to the Council and Mayor about the new APS monitoring devices and billing rates. The group said they asked to be put on the official meeting agenda for discussions but were denied. They will address the council as individuals during the citizen speaking time allotments. By the way, there is a substantial special APS "opt out fee" and monthly fee, if you do not allow a new smart meter to be installed according to the demonstration group. I hope the Roundup looks into this and reports on it, before APS starts this project that has many questions that should be answered.

Pat Randall 11 months, 1 week ago

Don, I went to the website and read it. It is a little scarey to me as I have a pacemaker and have to be careful about what kind of electrical or magnetic things I get near as it can stop my pacemaker. I cannot go into a room where there is a MRI machine or some of the other medical equipment. The dr. did not tell me any of this before or after placing the Pacemaker. When I tried to ask him questions at my office visit after the surgery, his answer was if I wanted to know anything to call the company that made the device. Very comforting. I went on the internet and it is very confusing. I can use a microwave oven but not a gas powered leaf blower. Can't stand in the doorway at Walmart or any door that has the alarms. Have to walk fast. Can't go thru the checker at an airport. Don't park under high voltage elec. lines. And it goes on and on. I can drive a car, but if the hood is up and the motor running I can not stand near it. Do you know where I might get any more information about the smart meter? Thanks ahead of time Pat

Pat Randall 11 months, 1 week ago

Don, Remembered something else. Can't carry my cell phone on my body, if I talk on it have to use it on my right ear and keep it at least 6 inches away from the Pacemaker. Hate that. Used to carry it in my bra so I wouldn't lose it. Now you all know my secrets. (: I spend half my time looking for it.

MAKE SURE YOU NEED A PACEMAKER BEFORE YOU HAVE ONE INSTALLED. CUZ YOU CAN'T GET RID OF IT ONCE YOU HAVE IT.

don evans 11 months, 1 week ago

Pat, this is a raging topic all over the country right now. A lady in California won a law suit against the big PG&E Utility Co. who had installed a Smart Meter without her consent on her home. She claimed it caused her health issues. I suggest you just do a search online with the title "Smart Meters". If you go to the "ban smart meters" web sites, they give their point of view why they are bad, including health issues. Because of all your health concerns, you might just want to opt out. (No smart meter from APS) They punish you by charging you a fee and a monthly extra charge for having to provide a meter reader. You can basicly forget complaining to the Arizona Corporation Commission. From all that I have read thus far, the utility companies have this smart meter a done deal with them. Send APS a certified letter, with return receipt requested, and request a written acknowledgement from them. There are opt out generic letters you can print out on some of the web sites, you just fill in your own personal info. If you don't want the meter, YOU MUST do this. Otherwise the utility company says they have "implied" consent to install it. (BS) Please keep in mind I have not decided as yet where I stand on this process, but I now have a lot of questions also. The Utility Company's have an answer for everything for you to buy into and accept the new meters. I don't know who to believe at this point myself....

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.