Rio Verde Water Hauling Company using Payson Town Water?

Comments

don evans 11 months, 1 week ago

I observed a huge water tanker truck (size of gasoline truck) with a fire hose attached to a fire hydrant filling up the tank. Water was spraying out under pressure from the connection. The cab drivers door said Rio Verde Water with a (602) area code phone number. I emailed this info to Payson water department. If it's legit for an outside water hauling company to use/pay for Town water fill up's, no harm no foul. It just seemed suspicious as the hydrant is located behind our Home Depot in the alleyway. It's not visible from the front parking area or the Beeline Hwy. I found a Rio Verde Water Hauling Company online. It's located in Maricopa County near Cave Creek area.

don evans 11 months, 1 week ago

Got a reply back from Payson Town Water Dept. Buzz Walker who said the company is under contract with the town to haul water to Mesa Del......????

Barbara Rasmussen 11 months, 1 week ago

Was there an answer as to why they are hauling water? Perhaps for the construction on the new pipeline? It would be interesting to know. When i worked for Tucson Water any company that used water from a fire hydrant had to have a Construction Water Permit. Also there was a special valve placed on the hydrant that would measure the amount of water taken out of the hydrant.

Pat Randall 11 months, 1 week ago

If the Payson water co. has enough water to sell outside of town, then why can't people that live here have grass in thier yards?

Pat Randall 11 months ago

Don, Mr. Walker runs the Town of Payson water co. He is not to be questioned. Send the council an e-mail and ask them about the contract. Seems they should know.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.