Boats on Blue Ridge.

Comments

Pat Randall 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Tonights paper. A hidden paradise. I thought boats with motors were not allowed on that lake as it is going to be drinking water and has been for a long time. Why show this for tourists if it is going to be our drinking water? Think of the gas oil, and trash that will be in it. More expense to get it so we will be able to use it for household use. Was the name change a few years back so people wouldn't know what was going on? It will always be Blue Ridge to me as I don't know who C.C.Cragin is or was and don't care.

don evans 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Pat, I agree it's strange. Another question: Everybody at Town Hall is saying all our water problems are solved for way into the future once the Blue Ridge Pipeline is flowing. I remember a front page article in the Roundup awhile back about how the water level in Blue Ridge has been seriously dropping and the surrounding nearby forest trees drying up and dying? So what gives? Is this future pipeline just a show deal to spark development/tourism here as the Mayor has said in a past paper article? Is it really a long term solution for Payson, Mesa Del etc.? PS: There is no parking to accommodate any significant number of boaters up there. Most of the Rim Lakes allow a max 10HP gas engine.

Pat Randall 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Don, If we have so much water I am going to get rid of my gravel and plant a lawn. I am sick of someone telling everyone else what they can and can't do on thier own property. But then water those golf courses out east and sell water to another community. Chaparral Pines was supposed to have thier own water in the orginal contracts and plans for the subdivision, then it changed. Voided the original contract. I can't see what great things have happened since Chaparral and Rim Club started. Check the classified legals and see how many houses and lots have been going to Trustee sale.

.Maybe we could get a court order to look at all water contracts and papers.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.