Brooke Water Utility sold!

Comments

don evans 1 year, 6 months ago

I put this copy of the Roundup article here as many of you may otherwise not notice it. It is mixed in with other news information> Joy has fallen upon Munchkin land. The spinning house came down atop Brooke Utilities. Oh, frabuous day.

All right. Granted: That’s mixing fairy tales.

But after years of suffering through Brooke Utilities’ inaction, lame excuses and miserable customer service — it’s hard not to feel hopeful at word the company has sold its Rim Country operations to Colorado-based Pivotal Utilities.

Granted, we don’t know much about Pivotal, beyond the discovery that owner Jason Williamson doesn’t have time to talk about the sale until next week. The company operates a slew of small water and sewage treatment facilities in Arizona and elsewhere. That list of systems now includes the water company serving East Verde Estates, Mesa del Caballo, Whispering Pines, Geronimo Estates and elsewhere.

We can only pray that Mr. Williamson is prepared to invest in Brooke’s failing, undersized systems so he can adequately serve those communities. The Arizona Corporation Commission grants the company a monopoly on water sales in the communities it serves. Brooke treated that monopoly as grant to rip off customers, confident in the corporation commission’s indifference and inertia. The company’s refusal to develop the water supply blighted Pine and Strawberry for a decade — and continues to afflict every community it serves.

We earnestly hope Mr. Williamson takes a different view of his responsibilities and stands willing to invest in the future of the people he serves.

But while we wait for the next chapter in the story — let the Munchkins dance.

Posters comment> SO, will Town of Payson keep selling it's water supply to this new owner? Does the contract with Brooke and Payson still stay in effect or does it cease? Should it be re-negotiated? If so, will the Payson public be allowed input?

Pat Randall 1 year, 6 months ago

Don, I think he only sold Tonto Basin water, Payson water and I forgot what the other one was. I found it about 4 days ago. I am lucky to remember them. Hope my information is right.

Robbin Flowers 1 year, 6 months ago

Private companies may do as they wish. I wouldn't get my hopes up that this system will get any better. Payson water should do everything it can to cut any ties with this company. This is the only action that will force them to change. I do believe that this sell effects whatever contracts that are current under Brooks, but that is a tricky area. Be on the look out for new bond proposals and resist them from every angle.

There is the Town of Payson water and there is one of Brooks co. that is named Payson Water co. Look out which one you are talking about.

Went on the Corp. Comm. for this info. so I don't have to debate it. The file no. for Payson Water Co. is -0822713-4 address. 101 S. Stover Rd. Payson Az. Agent Name. Robert Hardcastle. Mailing add. Brooke Utilities Inc. Stover Rd. Payson Business: Utilities approval date 12/02/ 1997 Officer information. Robert T. Hardcastle Pres. Charles McCann treas. Lee Jamison VP. Robert T. Hardcastle member. All having the address as PO. Box 82218 Bakersfield Calif. 93380 date of taking office 8/07/1996

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.