Fire at bike junk yard at Rye.

Comments

Pat Randall 9 months, 2 weeks ago

All the hoopla about all the bikes and motorcycles burning was misleading. We drove by it going to Punkin Center and back on Sat. Seemed nothing in the front of the lot was burned. I am sorry for the homes that were lost but there is still plenty of junked bikes, motorcycles and small cars left. All wasn't lost.

ROBERT BROWER 8 months, 2 weeks ago

It's still a shame , i have bought parts there , the owner was very nice , prices where fair the best of his "junk" was in a few old buildings and trailers in the back , the best and the rarest where all in the back

that's where the fire started and ended

what is left is the common , rusted , and lowest value stuff was and still is

i hope the owner is well and rebuilds , he was a class act , best wishes

Barbara Rasmussen 8 months, 2 weeks ago

I would hope that the county will step in and make him clean the mess up now! Hopefully soon!

Pat Randall 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Came by Friday and there was a building started at the back of the lot. I feel like Barbara, they should go in with loaders and dump trucks and away they go.

ROBERT BROWER 8 months, 1 week ago

WOW , the government should go in and just take it all away because someone who has no connection to it does not like the way it looks

is this the Payson Roundup or the Russian Roundup might be China today or the Cuban roundup

I enjoy my old 45 year old motorcycle and my 38 year old car . there has to be places to get replacement parts for them when there needed even though the two of you see no need for such a place .

not everything in life is "pretty" , but none the less it provides an answer to a need

Ever been to a Turkey farm ? the sights the sounds the smells !

not pretty , but needed

Pat Randall 8 months, 1 week ago

Robert, Places that sell alcohol don't smell to great either. We are not talking about parts for collectors cars. We are talking about the bikes that have been piling up there for years. How would you find a part in the mess that is there? I doubt you would find parts for your motorcycle or car there. If you care so much for them, go to a place where you can buy parts that haven't laid out in the weather for years. When my husband needed something for his 32 Ford pickup. he went to the store on McDowell in Phx. or called a place in Calif.
The county has been fining people in Tonto Basin if they don't clean up their private yards, so it only seems fair the bike shop should be cleaned up. There are a lot of places in Payson I wish the county had control of. One is almost the first thing you see when you drive in to town from the south.

ROBERT BROWER 8 months, 1 week ago

I do see the point , the front of that yard is a bit of a mess the parts i bought there where a gas tank and a timing cover , these parts where in a building in the back , where well kept and rust free

I do have a problem with county and town white collar workers that have never had a blade of grass out of place on there property , telling blue collar contractors that there property is out of order

but ......there has to be limits , otherwise a yard becomes a junkyard all to quickly

the bike yard " might have been over the line" , but you can't just drive a bunch of county trucks and load them up and take it away , that's stealing .

A solid fence around the property should be all that's needed along with regular fire inspections , because of the trailer park full of people next door.

robbin flowers 8 months, 1 week ago

Does anybody believe in private property rights anymore? Or, do people only want rights when it applies to them and their world view? That place looks better now than it ever has. What is left belongs to that person. Or, what "rights" if any do the people have, who lost houses secondary to that fire have to compensation?

Pat Randall 8 months, 1 week ago

Robin, The people next door lost their homes because of negligence of the bike yard.

Robert Brower, Most people know the zoning and rules before they buy something or should. State, county or town tells us what we can and cannot do. Most of it is voted on. We agree, a solid fence would be fine.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.