Honoring a Fallen Firefighter

Comments

Barbara Rasmussen 9 months, 1 week ago

In the Letters to the Editor section a week ago there was a letter mentioning that one of the Firefighters that died fighting the Dude Fire was buried in a paupers grave at the Payson Cemetery as no one ever claimed the body. This is just heartbreaking especially with the loss of 19 Hot Shots recently. Is there any way to find out where this grave would be located so that some sort of monument/stone could be placed honoring the brave individual who paid the ultimate sacrifice trying to fight an unforgiving monster of a fire? If there is anyone that is interested in helping out with this endeavor or have any ideas of how to honor a fallen hero please post on here and maybe some type of committee can be formed to accomplish this.

Pat Randall 9 months, 1 week ago

Barb, who signed the letter to the editor about the fire fighter? I am working on it.

Pat Randall 9 months, 1 week ago

Anyone out there that knows Noble Collins, please send me his phone number thru the blog. Click on my name and start typing. Thank you very much.

Pat Randall 9 months ago

Noble Collins,
According to the mortuary, the Payson Cemetery Committee and the owner of Mountain Meadows Cemetery all bodies from the Dude fire were transported to Phoenix. None were buried in the Payson Cemeteries. We would like to know where you received your information.

Pat Randall 9 months ago

Come on out Noble and let us know who or where you received your information from. And why it took so many years for you to tell it.

Barbara Rasmussen 9 months ago

Pat: Sorry I haven't been in touch with you before this. I truly did not mean to create any problem with my Blog Post. When I read Mr. Collin's letter to the editor my heart became so heavy and I felt like something needed to be done for this individual, no matter what his background was. He still gave the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you for all of your inquiries into the story and I do very much appreciate your time and efforts. Hopefully some light will be shed on this whole story and if it does turn out to be the truth we can honor this brave soul.

Pat Randall 9 months ago

Barbara, I think Noble should come on here or in the newspaper and tell the whole story. First of all where he got the information.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.