Why the silence on the sale of Payson Town Water???

Comments

don evans 1 year, 1 month ago

I finally found this Roundup article published March 5, 2010> I have yet to find any other published information with any details.

Mesa Del May Get Water Help From Payson

Proposed temporary pipeline could avert summer shortages .By Pete Aleshire

Payson is negotiating a deal with Brooke Utilities to supply Mesa del Caballo with up to 85,000 gallons of water a day this summer to help that unincorporated community avoid the shortages and expensive water that plagued homeowners last summer.

The article goes on to say that this sweetheart deal for taking Payson Public Water is connected to the Cragin Pipeline deal. And, per Payson Mayor Kenny Evans, to give the public the impression that Payson has ample water for future growth and development. So come on down folk's. What a croc. Read the entire article yourself.

I have submitted two letters to the editor in the recent past which explains how much Payson water is being taken for Mesa Del use without any Payson public input. Neither has been published. I have asked that the paper investigate and publish the specifics of this water sale important to the people of Payson, to no avail. I have been advised that there is a residential connection between some on the Roundup staff and the Mesa Del community. If so, that would clearly explain the lack of reporting on this water topic. I will attempt to confirm this. If found to be true, ?????

Pat Randall 1 year, 1 month ago

Don, Have you read the article on the well exploding at Mesa del? Quite interesting.

Barbara Rasmussen 1 year, 1 month ago

It makes one wonder why there have been no one answering previous questions on this sale. Perhaps the place to begin is not at the Roundup newspaper but to form a citizen committee and approach the town and demand answers as to why this is even being allowed to continue. time for people to sit up and take notice as to what is going on at Town Hall and do something about it!

Pat Randall 1 year, 1 month ago

If I read it right in todays news the forest service is going to hook up to Payson water for the college. That should bring a lot of money into the town water account. (:

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.