Pipeline Progress

Comments

Barbara Rasmussen 1 year, 3 months ago

I read in the Roundup where the pipeline from the C.C. Cragin Reservoir also known as Blue Ridge Reservoir is being constructed along Tyler Parkway and the water from the pipeline will first be used by the chaparral Pines Golf Course, Rim club Golf course and the proposed University site. My question is this: Why? Why do the 2 exclusive golf courses get the water first? Why is the water being piped to a university site where there are not even any buildings yet? What about the rest of Payson and its citizens that have been enduring no lawns, shrubs and drought conditions for years? I was under the impression that the university would not cost the Town of Payson anything and yet who will be paying for the pipeline that is being installed to the site? Is the SLE paying for that portion?

Pat Randall 1 year, 3 months ago

Barb, Why do we believe anything the town tells us? It will be changed the next day. One person has too much power with the water. Chaparral Pines was supposed to drill wells to water their golf course and they bought a ranch with water for the same purpose also they were going to use reclaimed water from the sewer dist. There was so much changed on what was supposed to happen at Chaparral, it is almost unbelievable.

don evans 1 year, 3 months ago

Great points Barbara, Pat. I had the same questions. Why is the Town running a pipe to the as yet, no agreement ASU Campus island site, I think now owned by the SLE Board? I was under the impression that this is water that will not pass through the future proposed water treatment facility in Mesa Del. (Untreated water?) Who is paying for the pipeline extensions and related work costs needed to serve the "proposed" campus island and the golf communities. In my mind, each entity should have to pay the Town upfront, for their part of the construction costs. And they will have access to the water first, before Payson?

Pat Randall 1 year, 3 months ago

Don, I would like to put what I want on here but I would be banned in a flash. There is so much that has gone on ever since Chapparal was just a dream. If I still had my 7 boxes of papers I had before I moved to a smaller place I could say a lot of things and have legal papers to back it up. But I believe in CYA so will be quiet.

I read the ASU paper every week and nothing is said about coming to Payson. All I read is that they have students in Lake Havasu City. There are a lot of things for college students to do there in their spare time. I lived there the summer of 1969 before it was really built up and it was great. That was before the bridge was built. It was just a big stack of numbered rocks when we were there.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.