Const. of water line to no deal yet college property?

Comments

don evans 1 year, 3 months ago

I moved this post to here from another topic thread that got off track about Bike races and trails. It morphed into posts about the social impacts, good and bad ,to Payson if a University campus is built. My concerns> Why is the Town now putting in a new water pipe that will run to the as yet, UNAPPROVED NO DEAL ASU campus? Is the SLE board paying for it? Or our we the taxpayers paying for it now? And, if the college plan falls through, will a future private land purchase commercial development get the benefit of it by only having to pay a hook up fee without having to pay for the construction of it? My concerns are for the financial impacts and costs to us little people. I just don't buy promises that there will not be any. If the whole thing wasn't so secret, maybe I would feel differently. Where is the Plan and it's costs to the Town along with the Hotel and other private interests tied to it? Show us, don't tell us......

Pat Randall 1 year, 3 months ago

Don, Great deal isn't it for the town to sign a 40 or 50 year contract to water the golf courses and we can't have a patch of lawn at our houses. Seems as tho that should have been a vote from the people who live in Payson. Not a deal Buzz or Evans did. And Evans said the college would be allowed to have grass for sports fields. The water deals here in Payson are getting as bad as Pine and Strawberry.

Pat Randall 1 year, 3 months ago

All the money promised should have been put into an escrow account, not a kiss and a promise. Pay after it is done. If the college decides not to come what then?

don evans 1 year, 3 months ago

Ok, I have now read the above referenced article. It states that an un-named facilty mgmt. company "promises to pay the town" $100K once a dedicated pipeline for the golf courses is installed. To me, that means the Town is paying upfront, the pipeline cost for them? Then the un-named facilty mgmt. company "promises" to give $700K to the Rim Country Education Alliance? Is the alliance the same people as the SLE college planing board? I'm sorry, promises? No contract? No college deal yet. And the town is fronting the pipeline cost? What is the promised $700k for and what items is it supposed to be used for? And by whom? Does the facility,s management company even exist now? I guess it does not!

Rex Hinshaw 1 year, 2 months ago

Don...Don...slow down. Don't you think that bringing a new and reliable water source to Payson is a good idea? I was going to say more , but I decided to just limit my question.

don evans 1 year, 2 months ago

I am not talking about the Cragin Pipeline water to the Town of Payson existing water infrastructer. Based on the Roundup article, I am talking about any "new" water pipe extension construction to facilitate the two privately owned golf courses "first" before the Town residents receive any of the new water benefits. (treated or un-treated) And, a new pipeline construction to facilitate the as yet no deal college campus property. It appears the Town is doing this based on promises of future payment from un-named entity's (a future facility's management company???) Come on, no contract with the Town exists for this labor, material, and future water? Soooooo, again based on the paper article, it would appear the Town is fronting all the associated costs of these water line extensions to these property's. If not, then publish then the party's involved and the contract terms. We are talking a public funded water utility here. What's that new trendy word, Transparency?

Rex Hinshaw 1 year, 2 months ago

Don, So you don't think that the Town should plan to connect the pipeline to these sites when it passes right by them. So we ignore them...build the pipeline....and then later tear it up to connect them. Ever heard the term.... PLANNING.

don evans 1 year, 2 months ago

If the pipes are going to PRIVATE owned property's, your darn right the property owners should FRONT all the associated costs to the Town. And, as per the paper article, a CONTRACT is not mentioned. Just a PROMISE of future payment. I don't call that competent PLANNING.

Pat Randall 1 year, 2 months ago

Rex, When has the town ever planned anything from the beginning to the end. One example. No restrooms at the event center. Look how many things they have changed because no planning was done. Built an arena then tore it down, moved it and enlarged it.

Had to leave for awhile so will finish now. They dug a big hole at the N. end of the event center property to put in a lake and campsites. Changed their mind and had to haul in a lot of dirt to fill the hole to make parking spaces. Now they are building roads on the east side of the property and clearing it, for parking or camping I assume. They don't have money to fix roads that the citizens here drive on all time but are using men and equipment almost every week at the event center. Several years ago there was a vote on covering the arena and some other things. When it was voted down by the towns people, I ask a council member how they were going to get the things done, in dribs and drabs. The answer was a definite yes.

I don't understand the new water line as there is already a line to Chaparral Pines. And I am sure the Ranger Station is on a water line. Where does Rim Club get their water?

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.