The whole town has lost its mind.

Comments

Pat Randall 6 months, 3 weeks ago

What is wrong with the town, Chamber of Commerce, school, and all other groups that have dinners and entertainment to get people to Payson. One weekend nothing. This weekend. Fri. Homecoming parade, dance and football game, 2003 class reunion, old time Payson Opry with Susie Bogguss all at the HS. Parking??? Sat. Pioneer Dinner, Old time fiddlers contest, Sy Harrison Masonic Lodge barbeque, Ponderosa Chapter Order of the Eastern Star Arts and crafts show. Some kind of dinner for Senior center volunteers or something. Have lost track of everyone trying to compete on this weekend. Won't even start on Sun. Why don't you all get together and not have this many things on one weekend and nothing the next weekend? You all want business and entertainment to bring money in to town. Wouldn't it be better to spread them out a little? You need a manager to keep track of the entertainment. Stop competing.

Patricia Johnson 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Pat, I agree with you 100%! Since 1999 I have been on a one-woman campaign for a central clearing house for events in Rim Country. There is not one single entity that is willing to take on this task, and it is badly needed. I don't know what the answer is or who can do it, but these organizations are only diluting their individual success by scheduling their multiple events on the same date or weekend.

Pat Randall 6 months, 1 week ago

Why doesn't the Chamber of Commerce do something? I have never figured out their purpose except to collect dues from members and give out misinformation at their office. Of course most of the paying members are from out of town or were a few years ago.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.