260Hwy & Hwy 87 Demolition Project Halted?

Comments

don evans 6 months, 3 weeks ago

My contact at "As Payson Churns" says a Carl's Jr. fast food is going in at the N/E corner of the intersection. They are tearing down the old JB's Restaurant Bldg. But wait, there is more. The Town has halted the demolition crew from proceeding further at this time. The reason is unknown. Maybe they should just leave it the way it is now (half demolished) and blame it on the Government shutdown.

Rex Hinshaw 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Don, After reading the heading and your comments on this thread...I have just one question. What business of yours is the progress of this construction project?

John Naughton 6 months, 3 weeks ago

I'm glad you put a question mark after your heading. The answer is no.

don evans 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Well Rex, you asked. It's my business because I live here. I have a vested interest in knowing what's being built at the major intersection of two state highways with the highest visibility in our Town. Up UNTIL Yesterday, the demolition had been going on for about a week. Saw nothing about in the newspaper? The demolition had stopped for one or two days. My sources said the Town had stopped the demolition process for reasons unknown. Now the demolition has begun again today full speed. Hurray. I know it's another fast food stop but it's better than the dilapidated old location. I like Carl's. Did you do the design for it. If yes, I'm sure it will nice.

Pat Randall 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Don, If you go by the corner of 260 and Beeline you will see the building is gone. If they don't get the sewer line fixed that carries off their waste, the new building will not stay open long either. That has been a problem almost from day one. No one wants to fix it, the town, the sewer dept. or owner of the land.

Rex Hinshaw 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Don, Thank you for your answer and compliment. No, I did not design it. I like Carl's Jr. as well. My comment came from the original premise of your comment. It seemed that you were insinuating that there was some problem between the Town and the developer. What is being built should be public. Construction schedules are not.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.