Town spending

Comments

Pat Randall 1 year, 2 months ago

I keep reading how broke the town is, so I have a couple of questions. How was all the hundreds of feet of new pipe fence panels paid for at the event center? I was out there yesterday and could not believe how many holding pens, corrals or whatever you want to call them have been put in. Brand new, painted green with the tags still on them There will never be a rodeo there that would require every thing they have done out there the last few years. WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM? Thousands of dollars. How about more secretaries for the town? What are they doing? We are told building is down, not enough police officers but more secretaries are hired. Roads can't be repaired, signs replaced, or trees cut so the few signs that are still readable can be seen. WHO MAKES THESE DUMB DECISIONS? Is it a single person or a group of whatever you would like to call them. John likes for me to be nice so some words I can't us.

Pat Randall 1 year, 2 months ago

And now the town is paying to keep the Natural Bridge open.
Maybe they should work on keeping Payson open. The Natural Bridge isn't going to do it. Funny when privately owned. It was never closed, had a wonderful swimming pool with spring water running into it. Cabins, and rooms that could be rented, restaurant and bar. And they made money didn't have to have Payson to stay open.

Pat Randall 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Went to the Reservation to buy cigarettes today (Wed) and saw big trucks hauling material into the event center. Went over and there were 5 big trucks there. Not all belonging to the same company. They have hauled in some kind of pavement looking material and spreading it around west of the 2nd arena and there is a big pile of it with someone running machinery on it. Also lots of dirt has been hauled in there for the last 4 yrs. Went to see LaRon Garrett at town hall. He says the material is all free, the highway dept. is giving it to the town. Said it was saving the town $25,000. Even if the highway dept. gave them the material someone is paying for the trucks and drivers. Why is so much being done out there when the roads are so bad in town? When I asked him other questions about the event center he said he didn't know the answers. I told him being Asst. Town Manager he should know what is going on. I would like to have the information on the cost of everything done out there in the last few years. Said he didn't know where it was and gave me some woman's name. I have had that runaround before. The money should be coming out of the park money and I thought they were broke. Does anyone know where the money is coming from while they are screaming the town has no money? Money for the pipeline, event center and what ever else is anyone's guess. A printing press for money in the basement??

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.