New subdivisions coming Spring 2014????

Comments

don evans 10 months, 1 week ago

A local realty friend of mine advised me of three proposed building developments last week. These are projected for building starts this "Spring 2014". 1. Subdivision going in behind Walmart. 2. Subdivision going in behind Big Lot's. 3. Subdivision continuation behind the last newer homes at the West end of the Airport. We shall see......

Pat Randall 10 months, 1 week ago

There has been a subdivision going in behind Walmart for at least 5 years and the developer was going to put the street from Walmart thru to McLane. It would really help the traffic flow. The town would not have to pay for the street the developer will pay. DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!

Barbara Rasmussen 10 months, 1 week ago

What about the one that was going in off of Bonita Street behind the now closed Famous Sams? They even changed the Fire Codes for that one and now it is an empty lot with weeds. Nothing was ever built. It will be interesting to see if they are going to build anything!!

Patricia Johnson 10 months, 1 week ago

I think I've stopped laughing long enough so I can post this. I was in a meeting a few weeks ago that a council member attended, and announced, very proudly, that a new subdivision with "affordable housing" along with homes in the $400,000 range was going in behind Town Hall. Furthermore, additional housing will be built on the "big hill by WalMart". I asked if water impact fees had been paid and building permits issued, and the reply was that "they are in Planning and Zoning now". I believe Planning and Zoning is government-speak for "Where Dreams Go To Die." I'll resume laughing now.

Pat Randall 10 months, 1 week ago

Patricia, If it is on the hill by Walmart that isn't behind it. The one behind it is the one I said had been in the works over 5 yrs ago. The floors and plumbing is in on property N. of the Police station. Has been there quite a while. Buffalo something is the name of it or was. Is that the one you are talking about by town hall? Why would they put a subdivision on the highway or are they saving the frontage for retailers? The one on the hill. I jump around a lot when I type. Now you can start laughing again.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.