Why no 22LR ammo at Walmart (s)

Comments

don evans 8 months, 4 weeks ago

This is a common thread post I copied off a current topic shooters web site, FYI>

I am qualified to inform you about how "ammo gangs" work. When the shipment first comes in a Walmart employee calls their friends. A lot of employees will even hide such merchandise so another customer wont see it while his buddy is en route. It pays off BIG for everyone involved because a $17.00 box of .22 shells can easily sell for as much as $250.00 online. Walmart isn't the only place where this occurs. Any employee working in a store (with a few business partners) that sells ammo can easily make a middleclass income selling ammo online. Many predict that this will continue for as long as people are willing to cheat and others to pay the price gouge going on. It doesn't cost squat to buy every available box that comes in, that's what creates the phony shortage.

Local Gun store owners are taking advantage too. When their .22LR ammo arrives they put it up for sale online, it never touches their shelves. You never will see it.

Pat Randall 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Don't stores have to get ID from the buyers? I had to show ID 35 yrs. ago to buy ammo at J.C. Penny's in Mesa.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.