discipline at school

Comments

Pat Randall 2 years ago

Does anyone have an opinion on putting a 6 year old student out in the school hallway alone as discipline? This hallway has an unlocked door to leave by or for anyone to come into.

Pat Randall 2 years ago

would you have an opinion if it was YOUR child?

Pat Randall 1 year, 11 months ago

I have waited over a month for a response. Now I know what is wrong with the PUSD. It is the parents or guardians of the kids that attend school. Either they don't know what is happening or don't give a hoot. The kid is out of their hair for 6 to 8 hrs.

Kim Chittick 1 year, 11 months ago

Ok Pat, I too have waited for someone to respond. I did not, as I don't have, nor have ever had, children in the Payson schools, and didn't feel it was appropriate for someone with no knowledge of the procedures to comment. However, that being said, I will tell you that if a teacher ever put my 6 year old out in a hallway alone as a means of discipline, we would have big issues. Put my kid in a "time out corner", send him to the office, make him stay in during recess, or some other type of discipline that still ensures his safety. But, do not send him out to a deserted hallway. And most certainly, I want to be made aware of the misbehavior that was so bad the teacher felt justified in sending the kid to the hallway. Isolation is not a productive punishment.

Pat Randall 1 year, 11 months ago

Thank you for responding Kimmer. I think most kids are afraid to tell thier parents what really happens in school. I happen to know one that tells everything even if they have done something wrong and get punished at school and may get it again when they get home. But they won't be locked outside. This same child got kicked off the bus for two days. They are allowed to change seats at bus stops and this one didn't get back into a seat before the bus started up again. Is the school system and rules crazy or am I? First graders should be assigned a seat and keep it each day and stay in it till it is time for them to leave the bus. How does the bus driver know who is and isn't on the bus?

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.